Any Tragically Hip Fans Here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eRondeau, Nov 9, 2005.

1. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

Mar 3, 2004
    Canada's South Coast
    You know who you are! I just picked-up the Hip's new collectors' Box Set "Hipeponymous". In my opinion it sets a new standard for multimedia boxed sets. It features four discs in total -- two CD's with 35 (remastered!) classic Hip tracks plus two brand-new recordings, plus two DVD's. DVD#1 is an amazing live concert video called "That Night In Toronto" recorded a year ago at the ACC. DVD#2 contains every Hip music video released (23!) plus a wealth of bonus material. And it's all wrapped in a 48-page booklet of Gord's rather bizarre poetry. For me, the live concert DVD is worth the $50 all by itself. I would put it up against U2's "Live in Boston" in terms of overall video and surround-sound audio quality. Plus Gord was in fine form, especially after the intermission. If you're a Tragically Hip fan, you'll love this collection!
  2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Maybe I'm not hip enough, but I just never got into them.

I was dragged by my friends to go watch a Gord Downie concert at Lee's Palace (is that the guy's name?). I was amused, but still never got into it. I'm even worse when it comes to The Hip.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jul 17, 2002
    Bay of Fundy
    I'm a huge Tragically Hip fan. one of the greatest rock bands ever. I'd like to discuss further but 'Twist My Arm' just came up on iTunes and I need to go rock out :cool: