Any tweak/app to lock screen during call? **Solved** Must read!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by simplydat, Nov 12, 2010.

1. simplydat, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

macrumors member

Nov 12, 2010
    Ok, we all know iphone 4's proximity sensor sucks and only work half of the time and for half of the people...even with ios 4.1, and 4.2 GM, the problem seems still exist among most of the iphone 4 users. Let's forget exchanging the phones and work with what we have.

From what I have gathered, most people including myself still accidentally mutes/ends calls.

Does anybody know a teak/app that allows you to lock the screen during a call by pressing the power/sleep button without ending the call altogether on the normal built-in mic? (If you have bluetooth headset connected, a 3.5mm headphone connected, or on speaker, you will be able to lock the phone without ending the call)

I'm surprised a simple tweak like that hasn't been made yet, is there anybody interested in developing a tweak like that? I for one will pay up to $5 for it.

*Solved*: An tweak on cydia named "calllock" has just been released and is available for only $0.99. It allows you to lock the screen during a call with the power/sleep button without ending the actual call.

I just bought mine, it works beautifully.. I urge those of you with who is on the same boat as me to get get the app ASAP!
  2. macrumors 603

Jun 30, 2008
    Answer and hit the lock button while you're bringing it up to your ear? I use headphones for 95% of my calls, so I don't know, but should work.
  3. macrumors newbie

Aug 8, 2010
    Call Guard is the app that I use. I downloaded it for free... now it's 99 cents.

Works as it should.
  4. macrumors 68040

Nov 20, 2008
    Ends the call when doing that.
  5. thread starter macrumors member

Nov 12, 2010
    "calllock" does the trick.

"calllock" was just released... it does the trick.
  6. macrumors regular

Jun 19, 2010
    Yes it does...No more proximity issues! I love it!