Any Waiting For Real Ipod Video

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Selax77, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Selax77 macrumors member

Any waiting waiting for the real ipod video besides myself?

2. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

No.

...anxiously awaits imminent release of Powerbook G5...

3. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I've been planning on getting one for awhile but if these new airline restrictions stay in place, i'm just not sure. Flying was one of the main reasons for me wanting one, and if I can't bring it on a plane I just don't know when else I'd use it.

4. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

What are you guys talking about? The "real" iPod video?

5. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I think the OP means the much rumoured full-screen/touch-screen video iPod.

If he is, then my brother has been waiting for one ever since the rumours started. As for myself, I don't want one, but if my brother has one and dangles it front of me, I'd give myself about 10 minutes before I'd order my own! :D

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Nope, I just got a 60GB white iPod a month ago and I plan to use that for a while to come. Unless they come out with an HD iPod video :D.

7. leidendude macrumors newbie

leidendude

Call me crazy, but I've been waiting for the "real" iPod since the rumors stared as well. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

8. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

9. timerollson macrumors 65816

Nope. I have no use for it. I solely use my 5G iPod for music, so I highly doubt I'd fork over money to carry videos around.

10. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

He he, just got the 60GB a few minutes ago, so I guess the answer is no. :D

11. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Any real iPod video will not sell well. These things are just way too niche. And even if it's a good music player, people won't buy it because the screen is just too large and the controls will never be as good as the click wheel.

12. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

13. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Funny, those were some of the same things said about the current iPod video before it was released.:rolleyes:

14. JRM PowerPod macrumors 6502

Just bought a refurb 30gb vid white for $AU309 thats a saving of 140, not too bad, i'll still buy a true video one when it comes out, they'll be mad

15. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

I got the 4G around a month before the 5G came out and obviously, I couldn't justify buying it then but sorely missed not having video functionality.
    Now, though, I would like a 5G (especially after seeing it up close) but I'm waiting for the next one since it'll have to be something awesome to outdo current PMPs like iPods have done in the past.

16. YoYoMa macrumors 6502

At worst it will be here by Macworld. Thats not too far off. And who knows, it could even be at Paris.

17. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

only if it comes with some other features other than a bigger screen with the capability to play movies/blows my mind completely, otherwise, i'm waiting for new Nanos as my current ipod does not work:(, i've also realised that mobile videos are not much fun (but that's just me) i'd much rather have mobile music (being ipodless sucks. :( :mad:

18. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

19. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I think the new iPods will be here by October.

There is no fracking way Apple wouldnt go into the holiday season without a brand new iPod for Christmas 2006 shoppers.

The 5G sold like hotcakes then, and still does, but I'm sure they'll want to update it for those people who are going to buy new ones to replace their old ones. Nothing beats repeat buyers.

20. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

am I the only one who hates hearing about this "real" video iPod? Like what, is my current iPod a fake?

What's next, "Rumors of a "real" OS X" or a "real" Macbook Pro?

21. TechWhore macrumors regular

I agree to that, the current 5G is a full video ipod, the next offering will just be bringing it to a new level.

I am personally waiting for the next Ipod. I also got the 4G a month before the release of the 5G, and I am determined this time not to be shafted.

Are we certain it will be a touch screen. I thought I saw somewhere that apple was experiementing with a "non-touch" screen. It would have sensors that detect when a finger is vlose to it and thus then activate the click wheel interface.

22. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

so what's the difference between a real iPod video and a 5th generation iPod?:confused:

23. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I've got a 5G iPod and I very rarely use it for video. I tried it once on a long flight, but I realized I'd rather just close my eyes and listen to music. I've put a couple of YouTube videos on it to show to friends, but that's about it.

24. LoveMacMini macrumors regular

Tired of transcoding video onto my psp, so I'm hoping that the iPod video will support divx and xvid files out the box.

25. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

The OP is saying that the 5th gen wasn't made FOR video, just that it is capable of playing it... The next gen iPod that is apparently completely real to them is the "Fullscreen iPod" that has been going around these internets and MR for far too long now.