any way to add contacts through PC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nojokews6, Jun 24, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

i dont have an iphone but will be getting one on the 11th. is there any programs or even through itunes that i can type my contacts into and then sync when i get the phone?:confused:

2. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I believe it syncs with Outlook on the PC.

3. macrumors 6502a

cWeems

yea u can type them all in outlook then pull them over through itunes from there

4. macrumors 6502a

Yeah, you can just use the basic "Address Book" application. I think it's in Start>All Programs>Accessories

then in iTunes under your iPhone, click the "info" tab and sync contacts with Windows Address book, then down at the bottom click "Contacts" for the "replace iPhone information" thing or whatever, it's really easy and straight-forward in iTunes.

5. macrumors 6502a

I only have windows mail on vista. Is there a quick way to transfer contacts from my current N95 into mail then onto iphone?

6. thread starter macrumors regular

this sounds very easy and basic, just what i need. i just want to make sure its def going to sync over before i type in 300+ contacts. i dont have an iphone to test it out with. any easy calander method?

I tried to sync my current ppc with outlook and had zero luck. do i need out look express or regular outlook? i remember having a problem with not being able to create a partnership.

and can i buy the 3g iphone without a contract? J/K i had to throw a noobie question in there..

Thanks in advance.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

any help with the calander?

8. macrumors 65816

iTunes & iPhone sync with Yahoo Address Book. You can upload your contacts to Yahoo, then down onto the iPhone.

9. macrumors 6502a

do you have the nokia software install on your PC? sync your N95 to your PC then you can move the stuff over to an iPhone after

10. macrumors 6502a

Cheers boss, have just done that and sync'd to outlook express, I assume I can use this to sync to iphone via itunes?

Just need a ruddy iphone now :rolleyes:

11. thread starter macrumors regular

how do you sync from outlook ? my phone keeps asking for a partnership.. how do i do it?

12. macrumors 65816

I will be getting my first iPhone on July 11 and was wondering about this also since I am not fortunate enough to have a Mac....yet

13. thread starter macrumors regular

?????????????????????????

14. macrumors 68000

what phone do you have? what sync software do you use?

15. macrumors regular

hungx

You do realize that you're responding to a thread from 2008?