Any way to add the Weather to an iWeb Site?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by hotwire132002, Dec 17, 2006.

1. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

Jan 24, 2004
    Cadillac, MI
    I'm working on a simple site in iWeb, and I'd like to include a "Weather Magnet" (see here on a Weather page. The weather magnet is integrated using a couple lines of HTML, and it looks to me like it wouldn't be possible to add to an iWeb page (I couldn't find any sort of "Insert HTML")...

Anyone know if there's a way to do this? Thanks in advance!
  2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Mar 19, 2006
    Try opening the iWeb-Exported HTML file in a text editor, add the code there. I'm not sure how you would determine where it should be added. Sorry.:eek:

Maybe someone else will be more help.
  3. davidjearly macrumors 68020

Sep 21, 2006
    Glasgow, Scotland
    It's relatively straightforward.

1. Determine the size of the weather magnet in pixels.
    2. Create a text box with those pixel dimensions in iWeb.
    3. In the text box type 'Weather Magnet'.
    4. Publish your site
    5. Go to your iDisk or wherever your site is published to and find the html file for the page that the text box is on.
    6. Open this in Text Editor, making sure to select the option 'Ignore rich text commands'.
    7. Press and hold down the Apple key and F on the keyboard to open the find box.
    8. Type in 'Weather Magnet', or whatever you put in the text box in step 3.
    9. It should locate the text and it will be highlighted, here paste over the text 'weather magnet' with your html code.
    10. Save the changes to the file.

All done. The only problem with this method is that you will have to redo the steps (it gets easy once you do it a few times) every time you publish that page with changes.

HTH'S, David

P.S. My site has Apple ad's on it which I do using this method in iWeb.
  4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    I can't guarantee it will work (I've never used it), but you might be interested in this:

iWeb Enhancer
  5. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

Jan 24, 2004
    Cadillac, MI
  6. Onebutton macrumors newbie

Dec 17, 2006
    i free alternative is massreplaceit

pretty much lets you add html anywhere you want without having to go into the actually files using a text editor.