Any way to avoid the $36 activation fee on Sprint?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mds, Oct 9, 2011.

1. mds
    macrumors 6502

2. macrumors 68030

vitzr

Why people are eager to pay Apple whatever they charge, yet expect things for free from others blows my mind. I don't know anyone who works for free. I sure don't. If you want to scam the system it ends up raising our prices.

3. macrumors 68000

I can't stand the "upgrade fee" that AT&T charges existing customers when they get a new phone. Why on earth should I have to pay that? I ask for it to be waived and have never actually paid it.

4. macrumors 6502

If you have a college or workplace associated with Sprint, not only will they waive the activation fee, they'll give you a discount on your monthly service. I got 18% off because of my college

5. mds
    thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not trying to scam anything. I've had this fee waived before and others here reported ways to have it waived. I've been a Sprint customer for 10 years and have paid them thousands. Sometimes they offer promotions or sometimes the fees are reduced if you order over the phone, web, in store, etc. I merely wanted to know if someone was aware of such a deal.

Why is MacRumors such a hostile place? :-/

----------

Thanks, I'll check this out.

6. macrumors newbie

If u have a business account they waive the activation fee and u can upgrade very year:)

7. mds
    thread starter macrumors 6502

8. macrumors regular

If you have employee discount, its will waive the activation fee.

9. jjlannoo, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

macrumors 6502

If you have a employee discount, order thru your Sprint corporate discount site they give you a code for two invoice credits of $25 each. that more then pays for it. If your a new customer I think its waived that way as well

This place does seem hostile often lol. I'm not tho and I've read many posts by people who seem nice as well.