any way to copy songs off shared library?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by roadk, Jul 16, 2004.

1. roadk macrumors newbie

we have a shared library of approx. 300GB of music on itunes but while we can listen on our computer, i'd like to copy some to my ipod.
    is there any way to allow users to copy or download music off of a shared library in itunes?
    thanks for the help.
    --roadk

2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

ohh, ohh! Pick me I know!!!

This is the best part, it's when the n00b at college asks how to download shared music off anothers persons computer!

Thats a classic.

(as far as I know, there's no (legal) way to do it.(unless you happen to be a hacker))

3. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

Who would 'we' be? Who bought the songs? How many times are you trying to 'share' them?
    Legally?

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

5. roadk thread starter macrumors newbie

kingsleaze,
    'we' are the ten co-workers who have combined our cd libraries onto one bigdisk harddrive in our office for all of listening enjoyment.
    while many of the cd's were mine, many were owned by my co-workers.
    i could ask these coworkers to bring in their original CD's instead of grabbing the already imported AAC's... I guess that would please the I.T. know-it-all pricks on this forum-- because then it wouldn't REALLY be stealing music off of our 'campus network'. right?
    for those who really wanted to help with the question - thanks.
    to the others, shut it. it doesn't matter how much longer you may have been a member on this forum. neither does it matter how much more you know about itunes or computers in general.
    your arrogance isn't welcome here or anywhere.
    -roadk

6. xcell macrumors newbie

After knowing what´s the best part I want to tell you what´s the worst:
    5 years after your comment and in in the meantime running ITunes 8 one still cant´copy music of a shared lib. Now, why would one have to "hack" iTunes to legaly transfer music from one to the other lib?

That´s a classic!

Ciao

EDIT: Thank´s that there is Mojo

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Mojo is your friend. Real easy to use. Works on Windows too...

I use it for legal purposes. We have multiple notebooks in the house, much easier to copy them rather then reloading all the cd's.