Any way to keep ratings + play count when transfering music?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Zwhaler, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Jun 10, 2006
    Ok, when I transfered my music from my PC to my iMac, it was cool and all, but I lost every single rating and play count. That really bugged me, and I actually spent about 2 hours re-rating every single song. That was about 1,200 songs. My friend is about to transfer 5,000 songs to his new Mac, and I really don't want to put him through that horrible experience. So is there any way to get the data transfered? Thanks.
  2. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Jun 10, 2006
    Anyone? I really need to know how to do this. Thanks
  3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    in your iTunes folder there are a few data files and a Library file. these have to be moved over as well i believe.
  4. killmoms macrumors 68040

Jun 23, 2003
    Washington, DC
    See, PC to Mac I'm not sure. I've done Mac to Mac, and PC to PC, but I'm not sure a good tool exists for converting the file paths referenced in a Windows iTunes Library file to correct paths for the Mac. This really should be addressed.
  5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
  6. zephead macrumors 68000

Apr 27, 2006
    in your pants
    OK, this might sound weird, and I don't know if I did anything extra to make it do this, but here goes.

I moved my entire (iTunes-managed) iTunes folder from the "My Music" folder over to my Mac, put it in the Music folder, opened up iTunes, and all my songs and all the library information was there. I was shocked (like :eek:) when I verified everything was indeed there.
  7. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

Feb 20, 2007
    North Dakota
    I had the exact same problem. I wonder is there any way to merge the play count between two computers (a PC and a Mac).