Any way to make status bar transparent only for lockscreen and springboard?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TheSacredSoul, Jun 2, 2012.

1. TheSacredSoul, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012

macrumors 6502a

Jul 8, 2010
    I tried to used the Transparent Status Bar from Cydia but it makes the status bar transparent in every app. This wouldnt be a problem but with some apps, the background is white and as the font is also white, its hard to read the status bar.

so is there anyway to just make statusbar transparent for just the LS and SB? Thanks!

A visual representation of my problem :

2. MastahRiz, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012

macrumors 6502

Aug 7, 2010
    I believe the status bar PNGs are different for different scenarios, eg lockscreen and SB use one PNG, while some apps use another, and the photos app uses yet another different PNG for the status bar.

To theme them individually, you would need to edit them manually, which would require extracting them from the .artwork file:

then you would need to edit them, and then recompile them into an .artwork file. Luckily the LS and SB use the same PNG, named Translucent_Base.png OR Translucent_Base@2x.png (depends on your iDevice).

To do all that, you'd need to use python.

If you're up to that, then have a look here:

It will tell you everything you need to know.

(Unless there is a winterboard theme for only LS and SB status bar transparency.)
  3. macrumors regular

Oct 25, 2011
    I did this..

Install Blackout-tweak on cydia, Respring, Then activate Transparent Status Bar in Winterboard..

You will now get a transparent bar on Lockscreen & Homescreen, and a Black nice bar in every app
  4. a2k
    macrumors member

Feb 22, 2011
    Doesn't work with photo app when selecting folders :-(
  5. macrumors newbie

May 11, 2013
    Dude!! Thanks so much! I've literally been searching for 2 hours now and this was the only thing that worked. I didn't have to buy any tweaks either.. Awesome! Just awesome!!
  6. macrumors regular

Oct 3, 2012
    PlayDay Land
    Does this work with Emphasize?
  7. macrumors 6502

Feb 6, 2013
    Flex has a tweak in the cloud that does exactly what you want. It's called "Transparent Status Bar" and it makes the Lockscreen and homescreen status bars transparent while leaving the apps alone.

Attached Files:

8. macrumors regular

Oct 3, 2012
    PlayDay Land