Any way to manually dump all network settings for OSX?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kingsly, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

I am experiencing some issues with my MBP. It absolutly refuses to connect to my home wireless network after a three week leave of absence. During my stay in Japan I brought along a classic Graphite Airport and was using that (which I have done many times on trips in the past) for internet. I Have tried everythng that I know how to to fix this issue, short of an OSX re-install. It telles me there has been an error and asks if I would like to try again. It has a fine time of connecting to all my other neighbor's networks, though.

Oh yes, I am quite certain that it is my MBP, as the C2D iMac and iBook G3 still work just fine. :eek:

Ideally, I would love to avoid an OSX reinstall and simply dump all my network preferences and start fresh... Help?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Go to System Preferences->Network->Location-New Location...

Create the new location and populate it as necessary and select it as your default.

3. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

I had a similar problem with my university's wireless network. Creating new prefs didn't work. I had to create a new user account on my MBP.

4. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Kingsly

I will try that. Unfortunately, after my original post it decided that it wants to have errors with every wireless network it sees. Oddly, it did automatically latch on to a neighbor's for about five minutes today...

I hope I don't have to do that! :eek:

UPDATE: I am on hold with AppleCare. Apparently the latest AirPort software update (which I installed on my MBP, but not the iMac or iBook...) has issues with 2Wire routers (which I, conveniently, happen to have :mad:). Hopefully there is some way to downgrade...

5. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Update, part dux:

Okay, it works if I disable wireless security on my router. I cannot figure out why that helps... and neither can Applecare...

I feel better on a closed network! Help?