Any way to re-download purchased shows for higher quality

Discussion in 'iPod' started by JimmyB248, Sep 12, 2006.

1. JimmyB248 macrumors regular

Really happy to hear that the quality of the TV Shows has been upped, however, I've bought quite a few seasons of BSG, 24, Buffy, Lost, and others, and I would like it if Apple offered me the oppertunity to download the higher quality versions of these free of charge. Does anybody know if this is possible? I haven't seen anyone mention it so far?

2. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Well, I've certainly plunked down more than I care to admit on TV shows and whole seasons.

While it would be nice to have them all updated, I'm not expecting it.

The thought crossed my mind--I won't do it--but if you really wanted them replaced, I've heard of people going to Apple after their computer crashes and asking to be able to redownload the files they lost and in some cases Apple lets them.

If you wanted to be somewhat devious you could try that.

I love Audible for the fact that I can download the books I purchased as often as I want. Also, as they've increased the quality of the downloads I've been able to get the higher quality versions.

But back to your original question, I suppose it's worth asking Apple about.

3. JimmyB248 thread starter macrumors regular

I wonder if maybe they'll offer the option in a few weeks as if they're going to have people downloading their old purchased TV Shows (how many million had they sold) on top of the movies the bandwidth would go through the roof so it is a slim possibility that maybe they're just waiting for the storm to die down. Though unlikely. We knew what we were getting when we downloaded, not like everyone's expecting their DVD's to be replaced free of charge with HD and Blu Ray

4. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I am downloading stuff that I almost bought. In some way, the higher quality pushed me into a spending spree with TV shows again. I would like to download the already downloaded shows but if they don't offer it, I guess I'll just live with the lower quality ones. There was a ton of content at the lower 320x240 that was already purchased. If people re-download all that it will hurt sales with new stuff as the network will be too slow.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've been wondering the same thing. The new versions are the same price, so it's certainly annoying to be stuck with the low-quality versions. I'm going to email Apple and see what they say.

6. boiee macrumors member

any word yet? i want to redownload my TV shows as well

7. Angelece macrumors newbie

Nope, you will not be able to re-download your purchases.

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

They just replied and told me that I have to buy the videos again. I'm going to respond to that and try to get some clarification - when I first bought the videos, I was getting a licence for them. Why should I have to buy another licence for the same content?

Not to mention that re-buying the album will make it more expensive than if I'd bought the DVD in the first place.

Edit: Just to clarify, I have no problem with paying a few dollars for bandwidth charges etc, but there's no way that I'm going to buy a second licence to the exact same album.