Any Way To Send a Mass SMS Message, Without Replies From PPL Being Sent to Everyone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HappyDude20, Oct 2, 2011.

1. macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I love that I can send out a mass text message, say to like 8 friends announcing... "Beach bonfire, 7pm, Pier 14"

But am not a fan of the fact that when any one person replies to me, it send their SMS message "Awesome! See You There!" to all 8 people I originally messaged.

Any way to circumvent this?

2. macrumors 6502a

Squid7085

3. macrumors 6502a

Vundu

Does anyone know where the setting is in iOS5?

4. macrumors 603

i didn't know it did this, when i send a mass text out, only i get the reply to me as a seperate text outside of the group one i sent, or am i missing something?!

5. macrumors 6502a

Squid7085

It is in the Settings App under "Messaging." Group Messaging toggle to off. "Group Messaging" as Apple defines it creates a thread similar to a chat room, which can be useful when setting up an event or something, having everybody part of the conversation. However, if you just want to send out individual messages en mass, then turn that feature off.

6. macrumors demi-god

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's only present if your network supports it. Most do not so you can send a group message but replies will come back outside of that txt from people!

7. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Same here.
    All replies just come to me and not to the whole group.
    Im on AT&T btw.

8. macrumors 603

Ah right, i don't have that in my messaging section.

9. macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

I'm on AT&T and this happened to me recently. A buddy sent a video out to several people, including me. When I replied that it wasn't working for me I started getting texts (who is this?, ???, etc.) from other people the video had gone to.

So turning off Group Messaging prevents this?

10. macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

It only recently started happening to me as well.