Any way to use my bluetooth headset to place/receive calls through my Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by amberashby, Dec 7, 2003.

1. amberashby macrumors 6502

I bought my bluetooth headset for use with my cell phone however it would be nice to use it to answer/place phone calls through the Mac.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

2. all-in-my-head macrumors member

New to mac and stuff, so not sure if this will work.

Go to address book, (sync with phone if you haven't already), then at top of window right under close/minimise etc, there is the bluetooth logo in black. Turn on bluetooth on phone make it discoverable and then click the button in address book.

After a few moments it should say connected when you hover over button and it will turn blue. Then select any contact in list, go to there phone number, and click the type of number (ie. when it says mobile: 12345.... click the word mobile.)

You should have a little menu that gives option to call or sms that number.

If you click call it will start dialing the number from phone, and with out headset you have to pick up phone and speak, so i guess if you have bluetooth or hands free set with phone you should be able to just start chatting!!

Good luck, be nice to know if it works so i can decide whther to buy headset.

S