Any webstores sending overseas?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by moot, Jan 17, 2005.

1. moot macrumors regular

Does anyone know of a web-based store willing to send electonics overseas. I want to buy a 512mb SD card and am unwilling to spend the rip-off prices here in Japan. You can get much better deals in the US. However, no store seems to send stuff overseas - I've searched and searched.

If anyone knows of a store that does then I'd really apprecaite it :)

I know there is the ebay option but I prefer to buy from a well-known enterprise.

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Try OWC , I remember someone on these boards said that they shipped them something to Europe so they may do Japan as well.

3. moot thread starter macrumors regular

:) Thanks for that. I'll check them out.

4. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Here are two whose specialty is mail order. I have ordered from both of them over the past two decades. I have found them both to be honest, reliable, and both prompt and fair with their shipping and shipping charges. Both of them will ship overseas.

Although both of them are mainly camera/video stores, they do carry a lot of computer related gear including Macs, due to the requirements of digital photo editing.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

http://www.adorama.com

5. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

What ever you do, watch out for import fees and taxes. They'll nail you with them on big purchases like computers. Make sure you figure out the additional costs these bring with them. Often times the extra costs end up making it cheaper or nearly the same price to buy domestically.

Just a bit of advice! :)

EDIT: Sorry just noticed it was about a memory card. Even so, check out what the max. value is you can ship in from overseas!