Any working stiffs out there this saturday?

Discussion in 'Community' started by zarathustra, Aug 3, 2002.

1. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Although browsing Macrumors is not in my job description, I am at work currently. If you are earning bacon on a saturday, what are you doing (besides the obvious read-and-post here)?

2. Kethoticus macrumors 6502

Kethoticus

re: working on a Saturday

I'm here trying to get this animation to look convincing. Currently rendering out a test pass to see how close I am to completion. And since we got some heavy stuff coming in, this is probably going to be the first of many Saturdays in the coming weeks. In fact, there might be some Sundays in there, too. Yuck.

3. zarathustra thread starter macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Fortunately that actually sounds like fun compared to what most Windoze people do for a living (Excell, Word, Access, etc. ; can you spell b-o-r-i-n-g). I am doing an ad layout for a new campaign being launched - we need comps by monday morning for the client.

4. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

well i awoke at noon, than i chatted with a few of my friends, i havent eaten anything. so i guess the answer to your question would be no.

5. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

Yeah, I'm here at CompUSA taking computer based training on Sony Laptops. This blows.

-Pete

6. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Hasn't there been a thread like this already.....Oh well....I feel like i have a hangover and it's frickin hot....thank God, I don't work today...i just remembered I have jury duty on Monday...aaarrrgggghhhhhh:mad:

7. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I have always wanted to do Jury Duty and sit there watching the accused and then slowly draw my finger over my neck, I wonder what his/her reaction would be. All in good time.

8. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

That would be hilarious. If you wanted to get out of Jury Duty you could do that when you get interviewed. :p

9. Ifeelbloated macrumors regular

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he...well I got in around 5 am and slept till 11ish...

ate a little breakfast...chatted with one of my business partners...headed out to clean my car...went out for a short photo shoot...ate a little dinner...having some coffee now...

I plan on hitting the town again tonite w/camera in hand...should make for some highly interesting photo opportunities...he he he ;)

ah..no I wasn't working today....unless u count the photo shoot...which I don't... ;)

11. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    i'm actually working....

yep, been in the studio all day and will reconvene with my writing partner around 8 pm...of course the pm sessions usually involve a brew or two so its all good. gotta work tomorrow too-deadlines are a biyatch.

turn it in monday, then its round the clock till thursday am on the next project.

then sleep, beautiful sleep.:D

and when i awake, will there be a new powermac to greet me?

12. big macrumors 65816

big

My post counts blow here of late....I am working far too much, and only have time to browse this site for a limited amount of time,

I'll be designing a building or two tonight...drop a line if you make it to space!

13. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

I wanted to try this at one point:

When they call my name, I just jump up and scream "Guilty" and then have that face of "ughh...sorry..."

14. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

That's the first contender for a "That's damn funny" award I've seen in a long time!

15. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i wish i was working, but i am studying for finals to get my second leg of my cisco academy (of four) done en route to first leg (of three) in being a cisco certified salesperson (or basically the CCIE certification) so i can get 10% percent discount on wholesale price of routers...in four years from now

anybody want to sign up for a good deal on a 30k super router?

i will give you extra good deal if you can get me a choice store location for selling computer, software, and routers:D :D

16. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Hmmph, I don't start the first leg of Cisco Academy until next year.

17. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

do you want to fix/maintain gear, design networks, or sell/support them?