Any XBOX Live! Gamers out there

Discussion in 'Games' started by Capt Underpants, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Hey, all! I just got XBOX Live, and have been playing Counter-Strike and Unreal Championship. I am also going out and trading some games in to get Halo later today. So, are any of you guys xbox gamers? Do you play on xbox live? If so, what games do you play and what game tops your list? Also, what's your gamertag? Mine's BirdyTheturtle. maybe I'll see you online sometime. I'll be the guy that's always getting killed... because I suck....

2. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

xbl tag= taint master

i play ghost recon and rainbow six mostly

oh yeah i asume u know about teamcompete

3. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

I used to play Xbox Live, but there were just no good games out for it. So I elected to cancel it and not pay the monthly fee.

4. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

ummm... last time there was no good games was about the bl launch time

and the fee is yearly not monthly

5. Capt Underpants thread starter macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I didn't know that you could pay monthly for xbox live. I just paid the 70 bucks for a years subscription.

6. Capt Underpants thread starter macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Yes, I also had it and cancelled... but with CS, mech assault, and unreal championship, etc. it's become alot more fun.

7. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

My GT is Commando44

I am on Rainbow Six 99.99999999999% of the time. I also have Splinter Cell PT, Mechassault, PGR2, Sega GT Online, I think i have others but never use them. Well Rainbow is the only one i play.

8. Capt Underpants thread starter macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I picked up Halo today. I was thinking about getting Rainbow Six also, though. I suppose that you would say it's worth the purchase price??? Or is it a renter?

9. applekid macrumors 68020

10. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

rs3is definately worth it u should check out teamcompete.com too

11. Capt Underpants thread starter macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Well thanks... I had noooo idea (sarcasm).

12. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

You can't play halo on xbox live, you have to use a gaming portal with your mac/pc over a network. RainboW six is by far the greatest xbox live title from my point of view. I have like 150 hours in the game online since february. It even says on the box, "the most addictive game of all time" or something like that. You won't be playing single player much once you discover online play. But your going to want to practice because there are many good people on liv, including myself, that would kill a newbie time after time. It keeps track of all your kills and deaths. It gives you a ratio for your kills to deaths. Anything over a 1.0 and people consider you good. Anything under, well keep playing because everyone will keep looking down on you untill you pass that 1.0 mark. It's definatly worth the money, it is much better then counter strike. Go get it, why are you still sitting here reading this post? go.....NOW!!!!!!

13. Capt Underpants thread starter macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

LoL... I'm 15! You think I have the cash to go out and buy that game right now???? Sadly, I have no source of income. Though I do wish that I could. Counter-Strike also keeps up with your stats, though. Now I'm going to go play it.

14. mcarvin macrumors regular

Actually, Aquaduct takes care of that quite nicely (links to VersionTracker). Gotta get a free account, and that took about a minute.

I'm going to try it out tonight - xbl gamertag = crimsosx - if you're looking.

15. Capt Underpants thread starter macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Sweet! So you can play multiplayer Halo online with that? Once you try it out, come back to this thread and post your findings. It'll be great to find out how it works, and whether or not you think it's worth the download.

16. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

It works well, it's just like the pc version XBConnect. Both are compatible with eachother. It's a good program. What you do is turn your xbox on, put halo in, and go to the muliplayer system link screen to where it says searching for games. Then go to your computer and log onto aquaduct. Join a room or host a room. Then hit launch on the computer, go back to your xbox and you should see the other xbox your playing against on the screen. If you host, you pick the maps and the type of game you want. It's all good.

17. Capt Underpants thread starter macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Awesome. Maybe I'll download that and try it out tomorrow. It sounds really cool. As for now, though, i am watching the WWDC keynote :).