Any Yanks care to help out some Brits looking to take advantage of the weak $?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by edesignuk, Dec 6, 2004.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

As I'm sure you know, ~50p is worth $1 these days, and a growing number of people are wanting to take advantage of that ;)

Trouble is, finding US outlets that will ship internationally for a half decent price. If you as an American know of any place that you shop at that will ship to the EU, then please, post a link for us. Also if you as a Brit have found anywhere good in the US please link us up too!

Thank you!

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

Reading the thread title, I thought maybe your uncle had left you 1,000,000 GBP and you were looking for someone to provide a friendly US Bank account into which you could deposit it, for a small fee, of course! :D

3. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

If I had £1m I'd be over there myself like a shot!

4. brap macrumors 68000

Of course, then the thread would have been started by PRINCE UMBALUGU ADEBAYO (DEPOSED) ;)

http://www.macsales.com/ seems to have pretty reasonable shipping and prices, credit to oingoboingo on the other thread. I'll prolly be going there, unless someone can offer a better suggestion.

5. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Sure, but in return I need help importing a grey market BMW into the states. This rapacious exchange rate will soon make it cheaper to buy on the continent and ship across the pond. :(

What did you have in mind?

7. OasisNYK macrumors 6502

What do you need from the States? I work for a company that can ship things overseas pretty cheap.

8. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I'm really not talking about me specifically, but there are more people getting interested about importing from the US, so I thought I'd be good if there was a place (this thread) where our buddies across the pond could help us out :)

9. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

10. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Now you have me interested and I live North of the States. ;) :)

And there is nothing that I really want, however if the exchange is as it is heading I might be getting a new iBook and AE with max ram. :D

Anyone knows any good shipping company's name who ships cheap really cheap. :)

11. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

You do realize that you're actually helping our economy and our dollar rebound by buying here, thereby weakening your dollar and rebalancing the equation? LOL. I support you.

12. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Not really in most part it has to do with the National Debt. And consuming Has a small part if that were so then wouldn't Asia have a higher currency value since most of the electronics are manufactured there, and textiles, etc..

13. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I think it'll take a little bit more than a few of us buying some cheap comps from the US to sort out the current state of the $ :p

...anyway, let's not get in to all that here, that's not what this thread is about, the political forums can talk about all that kinda stuff :)