Anybody been to Atlanta airport?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davidskp, Mar 9, 2007.

1. davidskp macrumors newbie

davidskp

I'm travelling from Copenhagen to Phoenix via Atlanta next friday. I'll be spending some hours in Atlanta waiting for the connecting flight. I'm bringing my MBP and i was wondering if it is possible to recharge the battery in the transit area somehow...some kind of public docking station or similar maybe?

/dave

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I've been there a couple times; I don't remember seeing one, but it's been a while since I've been there. I think most airports now have something like that. Atlanta's airport is one of the biggest in the world so I'd be surprised if it didn't. If nothing else you should probably be able to find an outlet somewhere and you'll be able to recharge.

3. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Ever since I've started traveling with a laptop, I notice power outlets a lot more now, but they can be hard to find. Some airports have a lot of them while others have very few. If I have a long layover at an airport, the first thing I do is search the walls to find one. Sometimes you can find them on big columns as well and in main circulation spaces (but these don't usually have chairs so you'd have to sit on the floor next to the outlet...).

4. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

There are areas in the airport to charge your lappie. If your terminal doesn't have one, you can always find an outlet near a gate.

5. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Yes, there are areas to charge up the 'top. (Ignore my location, I lied, I really do live in GA). Just look around the seats and you'll find some. There is also WiFi, but it's like 12 bucks.

6. davidskp thread starter macrumors newbie

davidskp

thx for the response guys - i'm gonna go on a quest for outlets when i arrive...always nice to have something to do while waiting :p

7. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

In some of the terminals at atlanta they have a bar-like desk with several outlets for that very purpose. I think the're is one at B26, but I'm not sure.

8. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

Be sure to look for the iPod vending machine...

While you are at ATL, be sure to check out the iPod vending machines! It's great to people watch around them. I know there is one on Concourse A - just take the train to get there if you have enough time. I've heard there is another one, but I'm not sure where.

And you should have no problem finding outlets. Finding outlets that are not already in use may be the trick.

9. emw macrumors G4

emw

From The AirPower Wiki:

I'm sure there are more as well.

10. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Oh yah! EMW- thanks for bringing up the trash compactors. They are pretty much the coolest thing... EVAR! (yah, that was with an A). It's fun to watch out of towners freak when one starts to go.

Anyways... that was completely off topic, sorry.

11. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Thanks for the site. Pretty good amount of info. Decided to lookup JFK airport and see what I was missing since my first time there last year.

The terminal where I had to wait for my flight I noticed that most of the wall outlets were hanging by their wires or less out of the wall. It was a race against other iPod users in finding a working one. That place was a mess.