anybody blown away???

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by SomeAppleGuy, Jan 7, 2002.

1. SomeAppleGuy macrumors member

prepare to be blown away...

where no pc has gone before...

bigger, even by our standards...

beyond the rumor sites... way beyond...

who thought this was clever. i did. heres why. I was blown away!!! I couldnt beleive how bad the new products sucked. That blew me away. iphoto??? Who cares? Thats not revolutionary, kodak (who is supplying all those services) has been doing that for years now. And the iMac? Don't get me started. I think ill put one in my 4 year olds room and use it as a night light! "Bigger by even our own standards? A big pile of crap maybe!! Beyond the rumor sites??? Yup it was far beyond those (SARCASM).

And where no PC has gone before???? MY HOUSE... TIME FOR SOMETHING BETTER!!!!

2. xelterran macrumors 6502

awsome!

[​IMG]
    how can you say that is not awsome? or are you just another wintel user...

3. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

SomeAppleBoy

I really dont like your attitude, but I really agree with you.

Say it nicer, and people might actually listen to you. If you feel cheated, like I do, then its a legit reason to post. If you are just a blowhard, and like to yell, then you do nothing but make yourself look jerky, which lends no credence to your stand.

PS: wheres the wireless mouse and keyboard?

4. SomeAppleGuy thread starter macrumors member

For some reason I expected more, perhaps that is my own fault. I don't love computers the way many of you do. Working with customers on a daily basis makes one realize how ignorant the average computer user really is. And I probably would never have cared if the hype hadn't been pushed to such high levels. Personally I feel that when someone walks into my house and looks at my things I want them to be in awe. When they look at my PB G4 they say "wow" and are in awe. If I had a new iMac they would look at it and say "Awe crap, what the hell is that thing??"

5. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Totally agree. I have swayed so many people toward Apple because of my Ti Powerbook. Now, I dont want them to see the iMac. I cant believe that the marketing people, who saw the success of the TiBook, agreed to put the iMac into production!?!?

6. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

And yes, the hype was through the roof. One of my posts before MWSF was about hype, and how everyone was going to be dissapointed. Damn, I hate being right.

7. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Well, you are a Tech Support guy. I can see were your anger comes from. It is the sad truth about the real average computer user. I have a buddy that works for MS. He had to call me (the MacHead of the group) to come over and help hime because is A dive was broken and he needed to get some very time sesitive files off a flopy. It turns out that he was trying to jam the floppy in back words. I can only emagin the kind of people you have to deal with. I mean.... he workes for MS!!

8. SomeAppleGuy thread starter macrumors member

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASASFAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASASFAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASASFAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASASFAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASASFAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASASFAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASASFAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASASFAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASASFAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASASFAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASASFAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASASFAAAHAHHAH

did i mention thats funny?

I deal with that all day and I could tell you stories for hours.

9. GigaWire macrumors 6502

800 MHz PowerMacs. 800 MHz iMacs. At the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

He wears XP t-shirts

He wears XP t-shirts and tells me how crappy Macs are all the time. When He comes over he makes fun of my iMac for not having a flopy dirve. I like to tell him that "the iMac is perfict for you... at least you couldnt get a flopy jammed in it the wrong way in it" He is intertaining. He reads the promo junk that he is supposed to know for MS (he is a sales rep) And he spouts it off like he knows something about computers and tries to "educate me" about technology. I like to mess with him. I sent him a jpg of the blue screen of death over AIM When he downloaded it and opended it he freeked out. He then messaged me and yelled that I gave him a virus and that I crahshed his computer. I guess he didnt know that if you could still instant message some one... chanes are your computer is still running.

11. SomeAppleGuy thread starter macrumors member

I know many people like that. For both PC and Mac. Sad thing is I work with many AppleCare (Experts?) that act the same way. It's hard to find talent these days. Especially at the low levels of tech support. The good ones move on to bigger and better things.. Which reminds me.. what the hell am I still doing there??

: )

12. Obsidian macrumors member

iPhoto

The only real revolutionary product that apple has come up with yet is the original iMac.

None of the applications that they have made yet are what I would call revolutionary, except iDVD. iDVD is the FIRST EVER home DVD authoring application, and has sparked similar programs all around the market. For instance, HP has been busy copying apple, and they will soon release their own kind of DVD-R (they might have already).

As for iPhoto, you may not think it revolutionary, or all that useful, but MANY will. I have never seen a photo sorting application ever before, or one that can sort albums, crop, edit, and print all in one! Sure, you could always go to the Kodak website and order photos or albums, but its a very lardge hassle because you have to upload individual items, and quite ofter, have orders screwed up. But now, cheaper than ever before, you can EASLY with one click, order entire albums, or individual prints, and have them delivered to your door in a week. THat totally eliminates having to hasstle with finding hidden links and the worry of making incorrect orders.

I give two thumbs up for everything that apple announced today, except another two down for the neglect of the pro-line.

hopefully you do not have any other quarrels with this stuff, because ive shut you down in more than two threads already, SomeAppleBoy :) :) :)

13. SomeAppleGuy thread starter macrumors member

I could go on and on. Like how lame Lucas's little speach was. He could have atleast said "I have a bad feeling about this"! haha i crack myself up some times.

Anyway I did not know the point of all this was to shoot eachother down? You have your opinions and I have mine. My opinions juts happen to be better.. is that my fault?

haha

i think im about done today.. i need to get outside!

14. Obsidian macrumors member

hehe

lol SAB. the point of this was not to shoot others down, it was to make you realise that it was not to shoot others down. you get agoldstar :)

I would go outside, but I am in my housecoat, and its an absolute downpar outside. I wish it was snowing so I could use my new snowboard. (and yes, I am in canada, and its as warm here as it is in texas right now, if not warmer.)

lol again, sab, that would have been great if lucas said

"the only reason this is a movie is because apple helped us. if not for the animated characters, we might have had to use homeless people for actors."

(homeless people because good actors dont want to be viewd as the guy in the crappy star whatchamacallit wars movie/

15. SomeAppleGuy thread starter macrumors member

hey i like the homeless idea. homeless wars?? attack of the drunks? imaging the final scene (where we all know there will be a large battle of ships, and another in a building with light sabres) imagine if they are all drunk. especially yoda!! that would be worth 8 bucks. this time luke skywalker takes too many tequila shots and cuts off his own hand. the queen gets so drunk everyone has their way with her and we never really know if anakin is the father or not. han solo comes back with a ship full of corona and c3po gets so smashed he taps R2D2 and drinks from parts nobody knew he even had. ok so this would probably suck but so will Episode 2 anyway so who cares!!

--- still waiting for the sequel to SPACE BALLS!!!

16. Obsidian macrumors member

well

well we are at it, why dont we just change the name to star hoars? ;D

17. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

I think you could use some fresh air.

Space Balls... now THAT was a good movie!

18. SomeAppleGuy thread starter macrumors member

19. Obsidian macrumors member

ugh

i think you should stay inside if you are only going out to smoke. fresh air, eh? save your lungs from those tubes of garbage.

(back to the imac :)

i dot particularly think that the imac is good looking; it looks like an e-pliance. I also know without the waiver of a doubt that its designers could have done alot better. but instead of bickering any longer, just accept it. hell, most mac users used beigh boxes at one time or another, my mac is beige. and i still think it looks better than that.

i wanst blown away, but i did not really feel let down, even though there was no speed bump. I think that the speed bump will take place at MW tokyo.

(on the imac topic again, when they wheeled it out, did you hear the people sniggering in the crowd? hehe)

20. atlascott macrumors member

What!!!

First, the new iMac has an elegant, futuristic design. Second, the tech in that "consumer" PC wipes the floor with low end consumer Windows boxes. Finally--Steve is supposed to talk again 2morrow--do not be surprised for more good stuff.

I am a but disappointed that Apple didn't do the tech update of ALL their products (cannot have 800 MHz G4 is low and high end desktops, and you should forget about anything under a 1GHZ G3, cause it CANNOT RUN OSX ACCEPTABLY FAST (referring to the iBook)).

21. amichalo macrumors regular

What do you do again?

What is it you do for a living again? I thought I remembered you saying before.

22. SomeAppleGuy thread starter macrumors member

23. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

24. SomeAppleGuy thread starter macrumors member

why am i a hypocrite? work at a donut shop and your bound to hate donuts eventually.

25. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

OK, not wanting to change the topic or anything, but I think I'll get back to the point of this thread :)

I can't say I was blown away, but the new iMac is extremely cool, and I think it will be a big hit. Apple has hit the price/form/function combo on the head with this one.

iPhoto is also extremely cool. I'm using it to organise all of my pictures just like I use iTunes ot organise my MP3s. (Now all I have to do is get a Digital camera so I can organise my photos...)

But what about the Pro line? It's been left looking very over-priced and under-powered. I was really expecting at least a bit of a speed bump.

I'm very happy, but I could be happier. I feel like I was expecting to go to bed with two very beautiful ladies, but one stood me up. :(