Anybody else have friends with W32.Sober.O@mm

Discussion in 'Community' started by Cooknn, May 7, 2005.

1. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Well, I've managed to switch 6 of my closest friends to the Mac from the dark side since I bought my first Mac 18 months ago. Not good enough though - I still have more work to do it seems as someone, or possibly more than one person with me in their Windows address book has the latest worm W32.Sober.O@mm. Now I'm getting all sorts of crap messages.
    ARRRGGHH :mad:

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I get about 30 of those a day from completley random people. Since they ususally have common subjects, I've set up Mail rules to block most of them and delete them as soon as they come in.

3. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Yeah, they're random to me as well, but from real estate agents in my area - which is my target market - so I know that it's someone who I've either done business with, or possibly an associate. Hmmm. As I type this I think I just figured out who it is :eek:

4. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Don't have any friends with this virus, mainly because the majority of my friends use Macs.

However, so far I seem to have about 100 or so folks whom I may or may not have ever met sending me email because of it. :rolleyes:

5. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I'v been getting tons of those in my hotmail.

Most of them are from random people.

6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

not friends...

I dont have any friends w/ it but i've gotten two from my hotmail account. It's really tricky though, a lot of people would fall for the one that says like "norton status: ok" and that crap, just since people might not be sure what the virus scanner on their email actually functions like. It's crazy though how you can get those from people you don't even know, this crazy internet of ours... :)