Anybody exercise with their 5G?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Caitlyn, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

Does anybody actually exercise with their 5G iPod?
    I do a daily jog, with which I used to use my iPod Mini.
    So, now I'm thinking of picking up a 1GB Nano? Maybe a second hand.
    What do you think?
    Thanks.

2. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I exercise with my 5G iPod all the time. Mini-marathons, bike riding, tennis, basketball, etc. I use an armband and have no problems.

3. JimmyB248 macrumors regular

I used it once, listened to it in my pocket while I went running but it kept freezing and since it has moving parts I figured it'd just be best to buy a Shuffle. It's perfect, 512mb, perfect amount for my running playlist with room to spare as it doubles up as a memory stick. I love my shuffle, always thought it was a bit useless, but with the lanyard I never find myself without it, whereas the 5g takes up a lot more space when I've got to carry my phone, wallet, keys, cigarettes.

4. JeffGilly macrumors newbie

I use my Nano at the gym running on the tread mill all the time. I use an arm band, but yesterday I forgot my arm band and put it in my pocket so it got kicked around (literally) and had no problems...no skipping, freezing, anything bad. Of course, the Nano doesn't have moving parts (i.e. harddrive), so that is an advantange over the video iPods but of course they don't hold near as much either.

5. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I go mountain biking with my 5G all the time. No skipping whatsoever.

6. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I've gone biking with the 5G iPod a number of times, but I usually just use my Nano for exercise, as it's smaller and lighter.

The 5G iPod never skips, though, so if you don't mind the weight and don't want to purchase a cheap shuffle it should be fine.