Anybody from Madison, WI ?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by calyxman, Oct 24, 2006.

1. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

Does anybody live or has anybody lived in Madison, WI? If so, how is the cost of living and the city in general? Do you like it? Are the people generally educated and sophisticated--and nice too?

I'm considering a career with a company headquartered in Madison (Epic Systems). Of course, if I were to move forward, then I'd have to relocate to Madison.

Just curious.

2. The Mad Kiwi macrumors 6502

Not me, I live in Sunny Sydney, Australia.

It's wonderful here maybe you should emigrate. :D

3. iRachel macrumors 6502a

I currently live in Madison and generally find it to be a pleasant experience.

PM me if you want to talk specifics, I'm happy to offer more detailed information.

4. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

One of my roommates is from Madison. She loves it and visits often, so I'm assuming it's a great place. And I adore her...so :p

5. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

Ah, no. WI - is that in the West indies somewhere?

Just kidding with you. I have a Japaese friend here in Tokyo who did a 6 month home stay in Madison and he has said in th epat he really enjoyed his time there -- actually, anywhere other than Tokyo would be an enjoyable place to spend 6 month.

Hope all goes well, if not you can take The Mad Kiwi up on his offer...I ain't got no space for you here unless you want to sleep on my small balcony?