Anybody from the UK get their battery exchanged

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by DerChef, Oct 5, 2006.

1. DerChef macrumors 6502

DerChef

My 2005 G4 Powerbook was one of those effected by the over heating battery.

However whilst it is definately in the effected range of serial numbers the online checker said it wasnt.

I phoned up Apple support and got some Asian women I guess in a call centre somewhere on the other side of the world.

Communication was very difficult and I had to spell every word:mad:

In the end she said yes my battery would be exchanged and I would get an email to confirm.

That was over 3 weeks ago and nothing :confused:

Should I give them more time or pester them again :eek:

2. Richard Flynn macrumors regular

I'd ring them up again, if I were you. I was able to order replacements online for both my mother's and my PowerBooks. I did that on 11th September, and the new batteries were apparently delivered by UPS today. Not that I'm at home to see them though.

3. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

4. dcv macrumors G3

Nope. I ordered mine on 28th August and I'm still waiting. I called them last week and they assured me it'd be delivered this week. Tomorrow maybe? Who knows.

5. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

i receive my replacement iBook battery literally one wek after the battery exchange was announced.

6. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

So your Mac Pro or Power Mac uses a battery? Interesting ;)

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Mine arrived yesterday. My mum woke me up in a fit of rage "what have you bought from Apple AGAIN?!". I calmly reminded her it was to replace the bomb that's currently in my PowerBook and she subsided. If it's just reached Manchester then they must be reaching the further corners of the UK in the next couple of days.

8. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I replaced my iBook battery a few weeks ago, I ordered it in August got it 2 weeks later around the 10th of September.

9. Lau Guest

Definitely phone them again if you haven't had an email confirmation. Mine arrived quickly, and I know others haven't been so lucky, but at least they had had an email to confirm it. If you haven't had anything I suspect your woman on the phone didn't put it through.