Anybody have an LCIII?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by oldschool, Oct 1, 2003.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

Does anybody else here have an LCIII?
    I want to know if theirs came with an RCA to Stereo audio input as well.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've got an LC III, but it doesn't have an RCA input.

3. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

It was a separate cable/adaptor that came with it. Not rca inputs on the back...you don't have this either?

Because i'm trying to figure out WHY i have this. I know it came with the computer.

Oh and as a side note, any vintage games you know of worth downloading?

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Is it a cable with RCA at one end and the "headphone type" at the other end? (sorry I don't know what that plug's called). I guess it's so that you can plug an RCA cable into the microphone port.

5. Makosuke macrumors 603

Yep, I've got one of those somewhere, too. It either came with an LC (original) or a Centris 610, but I can't remember which.

In any case, it's like Nermal said--an adapter that lets you hook standard RCA (red/white) stereo inputs to the headphone jack on your Mac. Apple hasn't made one for a long time, but you can buy one from Radio Shack or any other consumer electronics outlet for a few bucks.

Actually, its possible it was an adapter for the audio input (stereo line-in to Mac mic jack), in which case it might have some sort of internal resistance.

It's one or the other, though.

6. Makosuke macrumors 603

Ok, I found a reference to the thing on another Mac site; it looks like it is to send a stereo RCA input signal to the monaural microphone jack on the Mac:

http://www.erf.net/~brd/mac/6100faq.html#rcaadapter

Apparently designed for LC-era computers, so it might have come with an LCIII.

7. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Re: Anybody have an LCIII?

I have an LCIII, but I dont believe it came with that...

perhaps since it was obtained through education?

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

how sure are you that this came with the computer, originally? since it's about a $7 cable at radio shack, my guess is that someone just picked it up along the way, or already had it, and stuck it in the box. unless you yourself bought the LCIII from Apple in like 1993 (or whenever) and either have a photographic memory or detailed catalogue of what came in the box... i'd say it's not original to the machine.

:)
    pnw

9. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

It did come with it. I was just reading the manual and its in there. I'm still surprised at that computer. It's still great.