Anybody have Caesar 2?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Maclarny, May 31, 2004.

1. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I've been looking for this game for quite some time now. I used to have it years ago and got rid of it. The only abandonware copy I can find doesn't work correctly. If anybody still has this game and would either A. sell it to me or B. post it online so I can get it from him/her (it's abandonware so don't worry about legal issues) I would be very grateful.

2. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I think I have it somewhere in a box from when I moved. You talking about it makes me want to play it. does it work well under classic?

Can we really share abandonware? That would be great! I was curious and googled it:

What's the final verdict?

3. applekid macrumors 68020

Well, there is the mac.the-underdogs.com and they have no legal problems with their abandonware. In their case, they usually do get the publisher's approval beforehand.

But in any case, this should be considered illegal or at least a gray area.

4. Maclarny thread starter macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I know that The Mac Underdogs have it on their site and have had no legal problems but the problem with their version is that it is missing key files which allow you to participate in battles (one of the most enjoyable aspects). Their version works perfectly under classic but again, the missing files kinda ruin it. If there's a way you can share it with me or are willing to sell it I would be grateful! I would suggest, however, that if u intend to do either you try it on your Mac under OS X's classic to see if it works properly (battles and all). Thanks!

5. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

I used to have that game. I can look around for it if you are still interested, although I don't guarantee that I'll find it. I never played it on OS X but since I have the CD I assume all the necessary files are there.

6. Maclarny thread starter macrumors 6502

Maclarny

That would be great if you could do that for me!