Anybody have experiece dealing with ExpressCameras.com?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mike Teezie, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I'm about to order a Canon Rebel XT w/ kit lens next week.

I've been shopping around, and these guys have the best deal. Their price is almost $100 lower than other places like Amazon - which makes me wonder if something fishy is up with them.

Anybody dealt with them before?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I've not heard of them but if they're in Brooklyn, NY, I'd be extremely suspicious that they might be related to Infinity/Infiniti/Broadway. They are a scam operation.

3. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Any online buissiness with express in their name and situated in brooklyn should be further investigated... :eek:

Sometimes the few extra bucks might be worth the possible trouble you might encounter. Not that I have anything against people in brooklyn. ;)

llama

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

To be honest, if you have to ask then the deal may be too good. Working for a dealer I can say that their prices are below cost. And if they are not Canon USA imported products you will not be able to participate in the upcoming rebates (starts 10/15 according to rumors).

The only deals that are below cost that I have any remote faith in are Dell's coupon deals. But then you have to ask where you will get support from. Who can you turn to if you have a lemon? Who can you turn to if the rebates don't come?

The price that I saw on Amazon was $920 for the kit. Our price right now is $999, with a free 512mb card. But if you rush ahead right now, you may kick yourself for not waiting a 4 to 6 weeks as the Holidays draws near. It is possible that the competition in the DSLR market may see prices fall even further.

5. Mike Teezie thread starter macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Unless they're selling bagels and they should be great. :)

Mike Teezie:

I'd be suspicious of the pricing. They're offering my camera body for about half price. Even the distributor wouldn't get it that cheap. You might try pricing at http://www.adorama.com/ I've had really good luck with them on everything I've bought.