Anybody have NCAA 2007 for XBOX 360 yet?

Discussion in 'Games' started by AJ Muni, Jul 18, 2006.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

The game came out today, and I'm wondering if its as laggy as the demo on marketplace. How does it play>??

2. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Well I ended up getting it, and its a very fun game. It runs alot smoother than the demo and it doesnt lag as much. The game is'nt perfect, it has a couple of "skating" sequences, and players running into each other but as we all know no game is perfect. And also i'm not one of those people who get pissed off if something like that little happens. If i can compare it to any game, it would obviously be Madden 06 for the 360. In my mind its almost like night and day with madden. I kno both games have different plays (IMO the option play is the only one that stands out the most), and the momentum feature is unique to ncaa, but like old madden and ncaa games for ps2 and xbox it almost felt like they were both created from the same "mold", idk if anyone can understand me on that one. But with this NCAA 07, and Madden 06 its miiiiles ahead of that game, gameplay and graphics and hopefully this is a good sign for upcoming Madden 07 next month.

3. mkubal macrumors 6502a

I was hesitant to buy it before it was reviewed by others. Good to see that you like it. I'll probably buy it in the near future. But I hear that there are significant features missing from the 360 games as compared to the XBox game. Have you noticed anything related to missing features which makes the game less fun?

I'm just hoping that these "features" don't show up as paid downloadable content. That'd really be disappointing.

4. BatMax01 macrumors newbie

Good Game but...

I have to get my frustrations out. I HATE EA for taking choice away from the gamer. With that being said, this is probably EA's best football game yet. The biggest issue I had with EA was their game speed. Madden played 2x's slower than 2K's football games, which IMHO makes the game much more fun to play. This game seems faster than EA's previous football games. So here's my review:

Graphics: 8 of 10 (10 being Madden 06)
    The graphics look good but it doesn't seem as polished as Madden last year.

Presentation: 7 of 10

I thought EA purchased the rights to ESPN.

Gameplay and Features 8.5 of 10
    This is where the game shines. Nice features, love the fact that it has mini games. Bowling is absolutely addicting.

Overall 8 of 10
    Personally, this is the highest I have ever given to an EA Football title. EA still has some speed issues, needs to incorporate some "Crazed fan shots", how 'bout create a fan?