Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I have been looking for a nice case to show off my new nano, and keep being disappointed in one way or another. I just found a link to a new case from noreve that appears to be my favorite at present. I like that Vaja case with the flap, but the flap opens down so that you have to remove the headphone plug in order to open the case; most other 'flap' cases seem to be made the same way. The noreve case opens the other way and looks very elegant. What do you think?

http://www.noreve.com/product/Etui_cuir_Apple_iPod_Nano_Tradition.html

the_freddinator

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2005
SE PA
I'm not a big fan of leather on electronics...I'm not a big fan of cases to begin with...They're alright, I guess.

wait...
Price:
99.90EUR
Sorry, but are you seriously going to spend 100 Euros on nano cases?!?

danny_w

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
the_freddinator said:
wait...
Price:
99.90EUR
Sorry, but are you seriously going to spend 100 Euros on nano cases?!?
I think you are looking at the set of all 4 cases. One case is $39 USD, 4 cases are $120 USD. I agree, that would be a little pricey!

ruffas

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2005
I just bought a Noreve Case for my Nano. Very nice.

The retailer gave me a 10% discount on future orders, so I will be getting one for the wife too...

www.pleasecanihaveone.com

It's a really nice case.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
ruffas said:
I just bought a Noreve Case for my Nano. Very nice.

The retailer gave me a 10% discount on future orders, so I will be getting one for the wife too...

www.pleasecanihaveone.com

It's a really nice case.

I just ordered one too direct from Noreve.com, and when I registered the price came down 20% to $32 for some reason. It should be here today. What color did you get? I got the blue. I'm a guy, but blue is my favorite color, and it was to gorgeous to pass up!

ruffas

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2005
danny_w said:
I just ordered one too direct from Noreve.com, and when I registered the price came down 20% to $32 for some reason. It should be here today. What color did you get? I got the blue. I'm a guy, but blue is my favorite color, and it was to gorgeous to pass up!

Black for my black Nano....

The price has been slashed by a bunch of UK retailers, maybe Noreve have moved thier own price.. Funny, I though the retailers would prefer to make some margin on this type of product, not slash the price to within in an inch the trade price...

There isn't much margin in the hardware, so accessories are the lifeline for many retailers. Of course us consumers win in the short term but there will come a time when the retailers don;t want to sell to make only a £ or $ profit and stop selling products, worse still manufacturers will stop making the accessories..

Not sure where I am going with this.... ! :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.