Anybody heard this about iBooks???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bgotori, Feb 27, 2004.

1. bgotori macrumors newbie

Hey All

I was told today that the Newer iBooks that can have BlueTooth added in the system Don't have any of the older Motherboard problems, but depending on who, when and where you get an iBook, you might get one with the Motherboard problem.

I've been looking to get an iBook and have read about the Motherboard problems on this forum, but thought they cleared that up...

Have a Good One!!!

Brad Gotori
    bgotori@netscape.net

2. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

G4 iBooks don't have motherboard issues. G3 iBooks sometimes do.

3. m4rc macrumors 6502

Hey Brad, just a tip mate, but posting your email address in the open like that is going to leave you open to lot's of lovely spam!

Marc

4. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Current G4 iBooks have a BTO option with build in bluetooth. But you need to order from Apple directly. Shouldn't have any logic board problems

Cheers.

5. bgotori thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Daveman Deluxe

Thanks!!! I'm New to all this MAC stuff. Haven't had a MAC since my Old LISA, and MAC SE...hahaha But since Apple went with a Unix-BSD-Darwin-Linux type of OS I wanted to get back into it!!! I've been running Linux(Debian)for 3 years now, Really like the control you have.

So none of the G4 iBooks have those problems. The guy at the Apple store told me that the New Motherboards that can I have BlueTooth built-in were the Best, but I don't know what he's talking about.

If I get an iBook(G4)that didn't come with BlueTooth built-in can I take it to an Apple Store and have it put in(if its the latest Motherboard)??? I really don't want a Dongle thingie(one more thing to forget or break off)...

Thanks!!!

Brad Gotori

6. bgotori thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey marccarter

Thanks for the advice, but I have so much SPAM blocking up, and I don't look at anything unless it from some one I know. But your right!!! That Free E-mailing I get sometimes get cluttered...hehehe

Thanks Again!!!

Brad Gotori

7. bgotori thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey CmdrLaForge

Yea, I want to order from MCE because they have the SuperDrive option thats really nice for the stuff I do. I don't want to have to carry around another drive with all the other stuff I have.

Can Apple dealers have this done(BlueTooth built-in)??? MCE is supposed to be a Lic. dealer??? Or is this just at Apple Stores???

Thanks!!!

Brad Gotori

8. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

As I said. You need to order directly from Apple as BTO. Just visit the Apple store. No other way and you can't get it later.

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yeah, even though the lower-end iBooks do have the space for an internal module, Apple won't sell them, if you know an Apple Service Provider well, they could probably order one for you and install it, but they're not supposed to... or a third-party module comes out, but i don't know the odds of that happening. your only real option is to buy the high-end model, or go with an adaptor sticking out. sorry :(

paul