Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lindenhurst

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
i had a HTC phone last year.

Google Play is crap compared to the app store
most of the widgets i used were buggy or didn't work
the background downloading is useless most times and a PITA now with tiered data plans
the customization got old in a week

android is a geek's wet dream to live your life around a mini computer, but for normal people iphone rules

If you say so.

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
-I'd bet you $100 the back cover on the GS3 is stronger than the back of the iphone

I'll take that bet in a heartbeat. Make it $1,000. I have both phones btw. I always have the latest iPhone and what I perceive as the best current Android phone.
The S III has a great big bright screen which I love. But the retina display still has sharper text. The Android OS is finally pretty smooth but still laggy sometimes. I never use widgets since I don't see a use for them other than draining power and proc. If there is something I use all the time then its an icon on my home screen. The SD card is nice but the reality is many apps don't run at all or don't run well on an SD card.

The iGentleman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2012
Ladies and gentlemen.. thanks for all the replies.. less than 24HRS, I went back to AT&T corporate store.. they ended up giving me an exchange for the 4S (proud owner again ) I couldn't take the fragile plastic back cover, the memory card slot/files the cheap feel of the Samsung Galaxy s3. I didn't like the Android os at all.. it was just way too much.. trying to dial a contact or even texting seems like too much work.. Overall App store is just awesome compared to that crap of a Google Play or whatever you want to call it. I am sad I have to pay the $35 restocking fee but I will talk to ATT customer service. Thank you ATT Apple iPhones for life..

-You do realize that cover is MUCH more durable than anything on the iPhone right? That phone is made of polycarbonate, which has hardness ranking up there with kevlar. There's nothing cheap about that at all.

-Dialing is actually easier since it has a smart dialer... As for texting, how can it be an more difficult? You go to the messaging app, and you text. It's really not all that different from iOS.

Your story sounds quite fabricated....

----------

I'll take that bet in a heartbeat. Make it $1,000.

He's right. Polycarbonate (what the GS3 is made of) is MUCH harder and MUCH more durable than glass. Polycarbonate has strength up there with kevlar. Sorry, but you would lose that bet.

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
NC
I have the Korean Galaxy SII 4G LTE version. I really hope the S3 has an improved backing.

The phone's backing never breaks but I always cringe when I have to open it because of the snaps and the bends ><

oBMTo

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2010
i had a HTC phone last year.

most of the widgets i used were buggy or didn't work
the background downloading is useless most times and a PITA now with tiered data plans
the customization got old in a week

android is a geek's wet dream to live your life around a mini computer, but for normal people iphone rules

How is Google Play crap?
Which widgets are buggy or didn't work?
How is background downloading useless?

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
I have the Korean Galaxy SII 4G LTE version. I really hope the S3 has an improved backing.

The phone's backing never breaks but I always cringe when I have to open it because of the snaps and the bends ><

LOL!! For a second I thought you said Gorean Galaxy SII..... I had to laugh out loud.

I suspect only a few if any would get that reference :p

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
Ladies and gentlemen.. thanks for all the replies.. less than 24HRS, I went back to AT&T corporate store.. they ended up giving me an exchange for the 4S (proud owner again ) I couldn't take the fragile plastic back cover, the memory card slot/files the cheap feel of the Samsung Galaxy s3. I didn't like the Android os at all.. it was just way too much.. trying to dial a contact or even texting seems like too much work.. Overall App store is just awesome compared to that crap of a Google Play or whatever you want to call it. I am sad I have to pay the $35 restocking fee but I will talk to ATT customer service. Thank you ATT Apple iPhones for life..

Ur name says it all lol

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
I used an upgrade to get the S3 on Verizon. After a week the novelty wears off and I found the 4S is MUCH more easy to live with DAY-TO-DAY.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
It's kind of sad how belligerent some people get about the fact that a stranger prefers a different type of smartphone.

I can't imagine how these people must react when someone disagrees with them on something that matters.

Watch anything on TV where politics is discussed.

skidbubble

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2010

Yeah, the app store is sooo awesome. I mean, how would any of us get by without 80,000 fart apps, thousands upon thousands of useless sex apps, vibrator apps, etc? Truth be told, the app store as well has been slowly turning into a festering s***hole as well.

Attachments

• photo (Medium).PNG
    photo (Medium).PNG
    358.4 KB · Views: 211

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
Yeah, the app store is sooo awesome. I mean, how would any of us get by without 80,000 fart apps, thousands upon thousands of useless sex apps, vibrator apps, etc? Truth be told, the app store as well has been slowly turning into a festering s***hole as well.

Be careful they'll call you a basher too

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida

Nice job whiting out the fact that you searched "sex" in the top right. Of course all those apps popped up...

Should've remembered to erase the "X" and put "Search" in the box, then it would've been believable.

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and no one deserves to be bashed for that.

It's apparent he likes the 4S better so what's the matter with that?

Bashed? He can't text or make a call and it's the phones fault? Lol c'mon ...

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
Nice job whiting out the fact that you searched "sex" in the top right. Of course all those apps popped up...

Should've remembered to erase the "X" and put "Search" in the box, then it would've been believable.

I believe you missed his point

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I believe you missed his point

No, I didn't. He searched for them which is why they popped up. They don't usually pop up when you're just perusing the app store. There are a few in Lifestyle I think, but otherwise you have to be looking for them to find them.

----------

Bashed? He can't text or make a call and it's the phones fault? Lol c'mon ...

He never said it couldn't actually make calls. He was just pointing out how he thought it was cumbersome.

AndreAudi

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2012
CT
Let's see I have had iPhone 4,3G, Samsung infuse,htc inspire, pan tech pocket.I had a black,red, n white iPhone 4. iOS is just more polished on the iPhone. Android is a little buggy and the google play store isn't that great. I loved the android customization at first but it did get a little boring later on. My current phone is a androidbecause I'm waiting on the iPhone 5. Samsungs touch wiz isn't bad but took some getting used too. I would give the s3 a try myself. From what I here touch wiz has improved since I used it. Hopefully it's more user friendly.

The iGentleman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2012
Let's see I have had iPhone 4,3G, Samsung infuse,htc inspire, pan tech pocket.I had a black,red, n white iPhone 4. iOS is just more polished on the iPhone. Android is a little buggy and the google play store isn't that great. I loved the android customization at first but it did get a little boring later on. My current phone is a androidbecause I'm waiting on the iPhone 5. Samsungs touch wiz isn't bad but took some getting used too. I would give the s3 a try myself. From what I here touch wiz has improved since I used it. Hopefully it's more user friendly.

You do realize the phones you just named aren't even high-end. The infuse was mid-tier at best, and I only call it mid-tier because of the screen. The Inspire and a Pantech? This is your basis of comparison? lol I could have told you what your experience would be with those phones ahead of time. The iPhone is considered a high-end smartphone, so if you're going to do a comparison, you should be comparing it to high-end phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.