Anybody here work for an Apple store?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by IPCostello, Apr 6, 2006.

1. IPCostello macrumors newbie

I'm starting in a couple of weeks at one; just wondering if there's any more of you guys out there.

2. ucscc10 macrumors member

well, i know of some (i'm not one), but from what i remember them saying at one point is that the "contract" you sign with apple forbids you from these types of sites. i may be wrong here, but i remember hearing that from a friend- meaning that they might not respond.

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

You are correct.. being an Apple Employee means you're not supposed to frequent forums and the like.

4. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

I used to work for a Apple Store. and yes, you can read macrumors on off time but you are not suppose to post.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

and i'm sure that really stopped you :p

6. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

Actually, it did. I only worked there for the summer (3 months) so i only had to go without posting on MR for 3 months. If i was still working their i don't know how long i could of held out. I would of probably got a new username that was not linked to me in anyway.

7. IPCostello thread starter macrumors newbie

See this Apple

Well if there are any reps from Apple watching, I would like to say that I was unaware of this legality and I will cease and desist; not looking to get fired from my awesome new job before I even start!

8. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

9. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

It's a thing about employees revealing apple stuff before apple reveals it.

For example, an employee could vent that they've been putting in a lot more hours per week, sorting out a new shipment. This would tell the public that they're coming out with a new computer.

Apple is famously paranoid about stuff like that.

10. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Apple also likes the secretive atmosphere...even if security isn't too tight in reality, the simple idea that security is top-notch drives people wild and creates huge buzz for their products.

11. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

I would love to work at an Apple Store, but that contract would bug me, as I know someone who worked at a store and left a bunch of forums. Kinda sucked. :(

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If you post from home and never mention you're an Apple employee on the forums or tell your co-workers that you post, I don't see how Apple could find out.

13. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Yeah, but do you really want to risk a paying job, just to post on an internet forum?

14. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i know people that have been fired for posting on MR while working for apple, yet i also know some that post under an alias and get away with it, just dont be silly about it.

15. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

There are some restrictions on Apple Store people that don't necessarily apply to everyone else. Here we can see an example of a long time employee giving up the goods on one of the deepest, darkest Apple secrets of them all.

16. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Wow, that's insane... but awesome at the same time. If I worked for Apple, I would definitely obey their rules.

17. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I think you mean they COULDN'T care less?

18. Takumi macrumors regular

They monitor your IP to make suer you don't frequent these sites and divolge TS information.:rolleyes:

Takumi

19. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I think the point is, you sign your name stating you won't do X, and then you do X...

20. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

Can someone give me some advice on how to get a job at a apple store, I don't know what to put in my CV. Im currently studying computer science at uni surely this should help.

When I apply for jobs at the apple store I never get a reply

21. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

22. Scipio macrumors member

I have friends who work at Apple Stores, they say it's cool at first, but not all it's cracked up to be.