Anybody know about Virex for OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacManiac1224, Mar 1, 2002.

1. MacManiac1224 macrumors regular

Anybody know about Virex for OS X? I want to get it, but I haven't heard anything. Do you guys know anything? Thanks

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Virex 7

It runs OK on my B&W G3, but SLOOOOOOOWLY.

Nice update to your icon there, eyelikeart, maybe you could make it blink and really freak some people out! :p

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Virex 7

I keep forgetting I can do that....even though I've probably freaked out enough people around here already....ha ha ha!!! :D

5. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

NAV has been available for the Mac for months now... Besides the fact that it is not tied to a serial number makes it a sweet choice if you own more then one system. Getting updates is a snap, and it runs fairly fast (depending on your system). I do know that I cannot use the LiveUpdate from behind our corporate firewall. BUT, I can go out to their site, grab the update in all of a few minutes and then push the definitions to all of the other systems.

I'd say that it is well worth the money. I will be getting NSW2 when it is actually available (I have NSW1 now so it will just be an update for me :D). That will include version 8 of NAV... It seems like they release a new version every 1 to 1-1/2 years....

eyelikeart, nice mod to your avatar.... I will probably be modifying mine in about 4 weeks (sometime after March 23rd :D).