Anybody know of a decent 2 button mouse to match the Pro Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by willyhunt, Dec 31, 2004.

1. willyhunt macrumors member

willyhunt

Hi, as per the title really. I need a new mouse and want a 2 buttoned one. Does anyone know of one that will match the Pro white keyboard? And suggestions welcome. Thanks.

2. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

I'm looking for one as well but with a scroll wheel as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Allison.

3. jesuscandle macrumors regular

http://www.macmice.com/

There's a wired and a wireless BT model. The only downside to the wired version is that the cord is a little short. But if you're using the pro keyboard, that shouldn't be a problem.

4. devwild macrumors member

I suggest not worrying about matching and get something that works well and is comfortable (I use logitech gear, which works excelent with OSX). Your wrist and your arm (and in extreme cases, your wallet from healthcare costs) will thank you tremendously in the long run. There are several mice that attempt to match the stock mac design with more buttons, but in my opinion they are all ugly, and none are remotely ergonomically sound or suitible for long-term use.

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I wouldn't call the MacMice mice "decent" if you know what I'm getting at.

I also recommend you forget about matching and get a Logitech or Microsoft mouse.

6. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

7. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I bought 2 of these "The Mouse" Mac Mice thinking they would be great, they really aren't though. I have the USB versions and if I click either mouse button it works fine, but if I click both at once 1 will lock up and not click back. I've settled on a Logitech MX510 I won't be buying another so called "The Mouse" the quality is just plain lousy, which is a shame because the response from them is very nice indeed.