Anybody know what's happening with the RT3 patch?

Discussion in 'Games' started by sjl, Jan 22, 2006.

1. sjl macrumors 6502

sjl

Bought RT3 (edit: that's Railroad Tycoon 3 -- my bad, should have said so in full in the first place) last year; played through a large number of the scenarios; then started running up against the 1mph double track/station bug. This made the Orient Express scenario ... difficult. (Lifetime express cargo speed higher than 18mph, if I remember rightly.)

I contacted Macsoft Games back in May last year (I have emails dated 3rd and 5th of May about this subject); they indicated that it was a known problem, and would be fixed in the upcoming patch. (Their website has since been updated to reflect this.)

Eight months later, and I'm still waiting. No reply to an email sent on the 13th asking for an update on the situation.

Suffice to say that at this point, I'm less than likely to buy any further games put out by Macsoft. Dead silence on the subject is not the greatest way to instill confidence in the customer base ...

Anybody have any light they can shed on the subject?

2. -Garry- macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

RT3 randomly locks up on my iMac; usually when starting a new park, but also at other times. It happens far too often for the game to be enjoyable at all.

I wrote to Aspyr who told me that a number of people were having this issue, so you'd think they would issue a patch.

No news though.

3. sjl thread starter macrumors 6502

sjl

Aspyr? RT3 is from Macsoft Games, not Aspyr ...

Right game, wrong company? Or wrong game, right company? :D

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think the original post is about Railroad tycoon 3 and the second is about Rollercoaster tycoon 3 (which is Aspyr...)

kinda confusing...

5. sjl thread starter macrumors 6502

sjl

*slaps self*

I'd completely forgotten about Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (mostly because I got very bored very quickly with the original on the PC). Let's see if I can edit the title of the thread (probably not, but I'm sure as heck going to try ...)