Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diacritic

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2010
It seems like overkill but I guess it's good for people who are prone to dropping their iPad or use it on construction sites, etc.

Antfer

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2011
EXCELLENT.
It's go n 2 b these or da big grips 4 my daughter. Whichever ships 1st.

iphone4customer

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
It seems like overkill but I guess it's good for people who are prone to dropping their iPad or use it on construction sites, etc.

And those of us with toddlers, haha. I forgot to mention that's why i'm looking for better protection for the ipad.

diacritic

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2010
And those of us with toddlers, haha. I forgot to mention that's why i'm looking for better protection for the ipad.

I've had an iPad 2 for two weeks now and other than one keynote presentation it has entirely been used by my toddler daughter (age 3).

I've installed a skin to protect against scratches and a screen protector but otherwise I don't feel the need for extra protection since she handles it only on the sofa or when watching a movie in which case it will be stood up on the coffee table using the smartcover. The added bulk, I think, would make it more difficult for her to handle.

I thought that instead of dropping $40 or more on a cover (though essentially I already did much more than that with a skin, a screen protector, and a smart cover) I'm better of with a squaretrade warranty. I would have foregone the screen cover but her fingers like to pick that cute little nose so I'm wiping down the screen all the time -- better to do that to the screen cover than the glass.

iphone4customer

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
I've had an iPad 2 for two weeks now and other than one keynote presentation it has entirely been used by my toddler daughter (age 3).

I've installed a skin to protect against scratches and a screen protector but otherwise I don't feel the need for extra protection since she handles it only on the sofa or when watching a movie in which case it will be stood up on the coffee table using the smartcover. The added bulk, I think, would make it more difficult for her to handle.

I thought that instead of dropping $40 or more on a cover (though essentially I already did much more than that with a skin, a screen protector, and a smart cover) I'm better of with a squaretrade warranty. I would have foregone the screen cover but her fingers like to pick that cute little nose so I'm wiping down the screen all the time -- better to do that to the screen cover than the glass.

Thanks a lot for posting. That makes me think quite a bit. I just assume I need to cover that thing air tight to protect it from our 1 1/2 year old's handling. I got square trade so I may be overdoing it. I'll think about it some more.

nj28sharp

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2011
I order one at the end of April, they keep pushing forward the shipping date .. so much for overnight shipping.

I had the trident case for the Ipad and loved it. Who know maybe Trident will make one for the Ipad before gumdrop ships thier case.

whiskeyred

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
Just got the Military one in today, love it - will post pics or vid very soon. Great case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.