Anybody read the iTunes Terms and Conditions?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by hajime, Jul 7, 2010.

1. macrumors 68000

Hello. My iPod Touch indicates that there are 7 updates from the App Store. When I tried to download the updates, I got a message saying that the iTunes Terms & Conditions Have Changed. It required me to read and accept the new terms and conditions before it would allow me to download. There are totally 57 pages. Anybody read the whole thing? Is it risky to just press Agree? I only use free applications. I don't want to end up paying... Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

who would ever seriously read that ****

3. macrumors regular

I believe you will be OK. Don't read it, just scroll down and accept it.

4. macrumors 6502a

Yeah, just agree. Nothing bad is going to happen.
    Usually it says at the very top what has changed....thats really the only part worth reading.

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks. I hope that Steve did not put "Will you Marry Me?" in the middle of the Terms and Conditions.

6. macrumors member

wad11656

ha ha lyk wut??

7. macrumors 6502

Certainly you should check what the changes are. I wish we could be explicitly told what changes there are rather than trying to decipher 57 pages of lawyer talk to find out what we are being caught for.

8. macrumors newbie

Click Accept

Believe Me just Press accept its not worth wasting ur time reading 57 pages of blah.. blah.. blah.., and just agreeing doesnt mean you have to pay anything unlessu buy a paid for application
    U welcome x:apple:

9. macrumors G4

skunk

If there's anything dodgy buried in those 57 pages, it probably wouldn't stand up in court anyway.

10. macrumors 6502

11. macrumors regular

I don't read it all!

I never read it all, Just read a bit at the Top, That is all that is Important! :)

12. macrumors regular

13. macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Yet further evidence that anything we say on the internet, may echo for eternity...

Also - 110% for highlighting what changes apply - and what about options if we don't agree? Why can't we opt out of specific areas we may not agree with? It's digital - accept EVERYTHING, or go (#* yourself. Thank you, but I live an analogue world.

14. macrumors regular

Thats a Good One! :)

15. macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I always read it twice just to be safe:cool:

16. macrumors 68020

someone is reacting to that south park episode:D

17. macrumors 6502a

I was reading CNN on my iPhone the other day when I came across that article. I'm telling you I about had a heart attack when I saw I was quoted...it was so unexpected.

18. macrumors 6502

YanniDepp

It was a good episode.

19. macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

If there's 57 pages, its for a reason. They aren't going to write fluff for the sake of it. They are clearing themselves of any liability and making sure you understand what you are agreeing to.

20. macrumors 6502

anybody read that part with the ban to make weapons and nuclear bombs with itunes?

i made one >:D

21. macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Don't worry, several million people have managed to use it without being assimilated by the cybermen, despite it the terms and conditions stating on page 38 that cybermen are legally with their rights to invade your house and kill your entire family with 48 hours of you signing into iTunes for the first time.

If you happen to see one in your garden during this time, my advice would be to throw cats at it, as they are known to be heavily allergic.

22. macrumors 68040

bigjnyc

ha ha you wish he did. The guy is a billionaire and he might be on his way out soon.

23. macrumors regular

your fine just accpet nothing will happen really i never read it half of it has nothing to do with the user itself yuor fine

24. macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I don't know how true that is.

There's something fundamentally silly about presenting users with a 57 page contract that probably < 1% will read, and of that 1% only a minority would be qualified to understand it and the full legal implications of every term.

What is the point in having a contract which one party doesn't read or understand? The point of the contract is to confirm agreement, but how can you have agreement if one side doesn't even know to what they're agreeing?

The T&Cs might as well be written in Swahili.

25. macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Go to an apple store with all 57 pages printed out, and ask one of the workers to clarify a clause :p

Also, you're not able to use iTunes to control a nuclear reactor, fyi. It's in the T&C ;)