anybody replaced a RESOURCE FORK on a damaged file?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by catrisit_neo, Dec 5, 2003.

1. catrisit_neo macrumors newbie

mornin' all :)

i hope someone can help or at least advise.

basically i need to try and replace the damaged resource forks on a number of files ~(ranging from jpgs to eps')

some of the files are so damaged that i can't even open them in ResEdit, although i have been able to get to the source in Resourcerer (though what to actually do once i'm in there...?)
    :confused:

i'm sure i could find out if i researched long and hard enough, but i'm not too sure where to start. so if someone's done this or got any clues where to go...

cheers
    Ade :)

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Re: anybody replaced a RESOURCE FORK on a damaged file?

Image files, such as the ones you listed, don't need resource forks. Windows and Unix applications get along just time without them. If you want to replace damaged resource forks on image files, you can simply open them in Classic image viewing or editing applications. If resource fork corruption prevents your opening the files, then drop them on ResFork Killer. Then reopen your files in your favorite image viewer or editor. If that doesn't work, then it is your data rather than your resources that are corrupted.