Anybody use gamefly.com?

Discussion in 'Games' started by skubish, Sep 7, 2006.

1. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I am thinking about signing up with gamefly.com but $22/month seems pretty steep. Does anybody here use the service? I have XBOX360, Nintendo DS, PSP, and will get a wii do you think it is worth it?

2. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

I used to have it.
    It's pretty cool, if your a hard core gamer.

I canceled it because I didn't have anytime to play games.

I say go for it.
    Worst that happens is you don't like it and you cancel the subscription.

3. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I use it and it's only $15/month for 1 game at a time. Every 3 months you get a $5 credit that can go towards buying a game and then you start getting certain %'s off of games. So if I decide to keep Top Spin 2 right now I can get it for $25 and they'll ship me the original case and instructions (I have $5 towards a game built up at this point and I joined in July). It's worth it if there are lots of games you want to play...but if you think you will only play a few per month then I'd just buy them outright.

4. Pr0jkt macrumors regular

its exactly like netfilx but for videogames, its defiently worth it. I use it and i'd never ever ever go back to blockbuster again they charge damn near 10 bucks a week for a game!!!:eek: :eek:

5. happy.buddha macrumors member

happy.buddha

I use it, very good service and there games are at a decent discount to buy if you want, usually the keep it price of a brand new game is $5-$10 cheaper than if you bought it new...and if you time it just right you can have the game a few days after launch and if you've been a member long enough you even get 5%-10% extra off.

Gamefly is worth every penny of the monthly fee in my opinion.