Anybody use screensavRz?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by skubish, Aug 2, 2005.

1. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

Yep, I use one with my 15' PB and I love it. I recommend them.

2. MacHarne macrumors 6502

I own a 15" PB Screensaverz. Bought it when I had a 15" PB. Now have a 12" PB. Took a very sharp blade to my Screensaverz. Now I have a 12" PB Screensaverz. And there are no wispy ends from my cuts! Don'cha just love microfiber? One of my most cherished purchases for regular care of my PB.

3. Xero macrumors 6502

Ive had mine for a couple years with my Ti PB. One of the best protective measures/investments you can make.
    The micro-fiber is awesome. Great for cleaning _and_ protecting the screen.

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I've heard only good reviews of them. They look kinda cool too. I'd really love to get one myself but unfortunately they seem to be hard to come across in Aus. The only way I've found is to order from Radtech and of course the shipping is about as expensive as the protector :(.

5. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Cloudgazer

I live in SA, and experiencce the same problems when ordering from the US. Shipping is almost the same price as the product itself.
    But the ScreenSaverz is definatey worth it.
    I don't regret spending the money at all.

I think its a great product. A definate must-have.

6. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

Yea, their awesome, I really don't know of anything better. I bought mine at my local "Double Click" store. And like someone said, the microfiber is awesome, and does really well cleaning the screen. Get One!!

7. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

If you use it to clean the screen, doesn't it get dirty after a while?

8. Xero macrumors 6502

You can throw it in a cold wash with the rest of your dirty clothes. :)

9. Vster macrumors 6502

Just recently got it with my new iBook and I love to clean with it :D

10. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

Awesome choice!!!!

11. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

I have two of 'em. They put other so-called "microfiber" cloths to shame.

12. rkristich macrumors member

I have one and I love it! When dry, it's good to wipe dust and fingerprints off the screen and case of my PowerBook. If I just let it soak up a little water, I can get tons of gunk off the screen and case. It makes my PB look brand new. Plus, it can buff out small scratches. A bit expensive, but totally worth it in my opinion.

I love the design too. I have the grey one with PowerBook on it, and it looks so nice when I open up my laptop (since I leave it draped over the keyboard).

I also have one of the Sleevz for my PB (made out of the same material and with the same PowerBook written across it). Not only is a necessary extra layer of protection when my computer is in a bag or briefcase, whenever I slide my PB out of it, the metal casing is clean and shiny.

I credit these two products with keeping my PB looking almost as nice as the day I bought it!

Plus, you can always use them to clean other things. I clean my iPod with the ScreensavRz, and my mom's even used it to clean her blown glass collection. And as one of the other posters mentioned, you can just throw it in the wash if it gets grimey.

13. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Anyone know what they charge for shipping? I'm sure that adds another 50%. I'm looking to get one, but I wish a store had them instead of the internet. Getting tired of shipping. :eek:

14. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Apple stores don't have these?

15. efoto macrumors 68030

I was actually wondering the same exact thing about it getting dirty, as mine had been getting recently. I usually use mine to just protect the screen when I close it down and it works wonderfully and I don't feel bad about lightly buffing little things out of the screen when using this protector. Great product, worth the cash IMO, and nice to know they can be washed too ;)

16. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

Around me there is a store called "Double Click". They sell and repair Macs. They also sell a ton of 3rd party accessories. It's a really awesome alternative, since the Apple store closest to me is an hour away.

17. mobi macrumors 6502

mobi

I am still using the Shaggymac screen protector with excellent results (2years now). A friend has a Radtech - they are almost identical, but the Shaggy has better coverage area and is a bit less expensive.

The screen protector goes everywhere the laptop goes and is always on hand to clean the screen. My two cents.

18. capone2 macrumors regular

I have been using them......

19. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

I just got my screensavrz in the mail today, and it worked wonders on my 3yr old Ti PB. The only real cleaning the screen had was a damp paper towel, but after one use of the screensavrz my screen has no markings from the keys at all. Basically it looks like a brand new scree. Highly recommended!

BTW, if you order through radtech, the shipping was almost $5 (i live in the US), so the total for mine was like $21 or something. Not bad, but the shipping could have been cheaper. It did get to me quick though. I ordered mine 8/16/05 at around 7pm and it was at my apartment 8/18/05 when i came home from the university. Excellent product!