Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacManiac1224

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2001
NY
Anybody use Virex 7? I use to be PC user, and viruses were a big thing, now I have a Mac and, I know that Viruses are not big on Macs, but i was just curious if anybody used Virex 7, and had any thoughts about it? Comments, problems, usability, how it intereacts with the system, stuff like that. Thanks guys

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
I've used Virex a few times and then it stopped working altogether. I would try to open it and after the icon bounced in the dock once or twice, it would go away and wouldn't open.

As for viruses, I've never had any in OS X. My only virus experience was a macro attached to a word document back when I was using OS 9 exclusively.

IMO, I don't think Virex is really needed. It's adds a little piece of mind for some people though. As for me, I'm not going to bother with it anymore because of the problems I've had with it.

garzy

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2002
Originally posted by Pismo
I've used Virex a few times and then it stopped working altogether. I would try to open it and after the icon bounced in the dock once or twice, it would go away and wouldn't open.

That happened to me too. I trashed it, downloaded 7.2 from mac.com, and its worked perfectly since then.

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
Originally posted by totalr0xx0r
That happened to me too. I trashed it, downloaded 7.2 from mac.com, and its worked perfectly since then.

Virex 7.0 and 7.1 was fine at first and then it started to not open at all. I fixed this when I installed 7.2 but then stopped working a few weeks later. I guess I can try installing it again to fix the problem but I really don't need it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.