Anybody with Speck/Incase/Feather Cases mind taking some pictures

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ethics101, Dec 14, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

I'm interested in a hard shell case. Unfortunately, I hear the air versions are flimsy. Personally, I like the way they look, plus it adds protection. Post your setups. Photos welcome. :D

2. macrumors 65816

aeboi

Incase, Incipio versions are generally fine, it's the speck cases that crack easily

mine cracked, they know the cases crack yet they continue to sell them, boo speck

[​IMG]

3. macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    why bother?
    use the Air in its natural state - that's why Apple products are so tactile in the first place - and buy a decent sleeve.
    (like this http://goo.gl/pUCit)

4. macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

^^^ What he said.

5. macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

what he said, about what he said.

And aluminium is an awesome conductor, whereas plastic is a rubbish conductor, hence its use as cable insulation. So by adding a plastic case I am sure you stop that lovely aluminium doing its heat sink job properly and so probably cause the fans to spin like mad.

6. macrumors 6502a

Concur on Speck, it is junk. My bottom case tabs have all cracked and fallen off, so I just keep it in my backpack and slide the MBA into what's left of the shell for a little extra protection. The top part is ok, and I leave it on full-time to protect the screen from bending in my pack.