Anyone a filmographer? I need to interview you!

Discussion in 'Community' started by fiercetiger224, Mar 21, 2005.

1. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Well, pretty much I need to interview someone who's in the field of film...I need to shadow or interview someone for a school research paper. :rolleyes:

So uhh, I need them hookups sometime soon!!! Today I get to skip school to interview/shadow people all day... *sighs*

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I don't know that anybody here has ever mentioned being a cinematographer (film).

I'm a videographer and editor for a local cable TV office, but that's obviously a different medium, for a different audience.

Anyone...?

3. fiercetiger224 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well actually, that could work. Videography is fine, which is actually perfect since I'm doing the research paper on videography. Is there anyway I could interview you, via chat online, email, etc.?

4. fiercetiger224 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So anyone else want to be interviewed??? :D

Okay, to rephrase: Does any VIDEOGRAPHER want to be interviewed? You pretty much have to be a professional videographer...

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah, I'm a professional. I've worked in local broadcast, cable and corporate TV.

I'll give it a shot if you want to PM me the questions. Or if you'd rather do it live, we could set up something via iChat. I'll be going to work soon, but am available mornings or very late nights (like, after 11 p.m.).

6. 2jaded2care macrumors 6502

Suggestion: Have you tried finding your state's film/videotape office online? I know ours has a directory of local video production co's listed. Also the Yellow Pages. If you're not the shy type you could call some up and see if anyone's got time to help you out. You could also try local TV news stations, but I imagine the production co's are not as steadily busy... Just a thought.

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

i was a cinematographer for about 6 years before i moved to still film.

8. fiercetiger224 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well yeah I'll be able to do an online interview tonight VERY late Mr. Thomas Veil. iChat or AIM would be great! As for anyone else reading this thread, any more who would want to be interviewed would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for all the help you guys. MACS RULES!!! :D

9. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

I've been doing video for a few years--I've done industrial and broadcast as well as indie filmmaking.

I'd be willing to do an interview, pm me or email me.