Anyone actually use screen protectors for their cameras?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by GoGoSamGo, Apr 23, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Feb 28, 2007
    I always try and keep my stuff clean and safe as possibly, so I was thinking of investing in one as soon as my camera comes in. My only question was, for those that know, does it add a glare to the screen when outside or does it overal just make it less clear to view the screen? Thank you
  2. macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location
    I use one. I don't want it to get scratched up.

I don't know if it makes a difference to the viewing quality, but I'm assuming it does. I haven't used the screen without a protector for a long, long time.
  3. macrumors 6502

Jun 22, 2006
    I always use the plastic cover that came with my Nikon cameras. Looking at their condition, I am glad that I use them. They have taken a few mild impacts as well.
  4. macrumors newbie

Apr 19, 2007
    I have a 5D and this is my 4th DSLR, and I have never successfully used screen protectors... Maybe I have just been buying the wrong ones, but every time I use one of the film protectors, it annoys me after only a few days.
  5. macrumors 68040

Feb 17, 2003
    with Hamburglar.
    I use a delkin screen protector, but not always with the shade on. Having the extra protection on the back for buttons and screen is a plus, at least for me.

6. macrumors 68030

Jun 24, 2004
    I've only ever taken the bundled Nikon screen protector off to remove some flecks of dust on my D70s. Its a great protector and doesn't harm use, so there's no way I'd take it off...
  7. macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    I used the supplied Nikon screen protectors for my D70, but it was regularly falling off and took quite a beating itself. I've now got an InvisibleShield on my D2x (Have had it there for almost 2 years), and it's spotless. Works better than I could've imagined.
  8. SWC
    macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2004
    I use the invisible shield. It does distort the display a tiny bit but I only use it for double checking general quality of my pic I don't use it for any hardcore monitoring or anything.
  9. macrumors 601

Westside guy

Oct 15, 2003
    The soggy part of the Pacific NW
  10. macrumors 65816

Feb 12, 2006
    I don't guard my screen, I guess I maybe should, but at the same time I barely am ever looking at it. I might buy a screen protector this summer because I'll be outside more often, right now my shooting is very unlikely to damage the screen. And hasn't.
  11. macrumors 68030

Jun 20, 2005
    i guard my screen. in fact, on all my camcorders and both digital cameras. i don't find viewing anything a hindrance. i would highly recommend it. your local camera store will no doubt have a package with a few protectors in it. i carefully measured my screens to ensure i cut as many screens as i could from the least amount of protectors (but that's being somewhat anal retentive :)

12. macrumors 6502a

Dec 18, 2003
    I've hacked down Fellowes WriteRight screen protectors made for PDAs and put them on my Nikon D50 and iPod. Seems to work pretty well, and I can see just fine, and since they're designed for day-in-day-out stylus impacts, they hold up quite well.