All iPads Anyone bought a color you didn't want only because "in stock"

Discussion in 'iPad' started by maverick22, Nov 27, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I honestly wanted a black iphone5 but got impatient and settled for a white. I'm happy with it but at times wish I would have been more patient.

Just saw where a Target has a white ipad mini in stock, but once again, I'd probably rather have black. I haven't seen a white one in person, but the black looks pretty nice.

Anyone else settling for a color just because it was in stock?

2. macrumors member

No. I would hold out for the color I want. For me that's black, since I feel the white bezel is too distracting while watching videos.

3. macrumors 65816

No, I ordered the color I wanted to begin with. I'd rather wait than settle personally. I got the black 32g ipad mini.

4. macrumors 603

nfl46

Originally, I did. I bought a black mini, but I returned it and ordered a white one. I only got black because it was in stock.

5. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Same with me. I would hold out, or just order what I wanted online.

6. macrumors member

The Apple guy at Best Buy tried to fool me into buying a black mini when I asked for a white one. He insisted that they only had black 64gb models in stock until I asked him to check inventory at another nearby store. He came back two minutes later and had magically found a white 64gb model "in the back". LOL

7. macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

If it was cheap, I could live with a different color. If not, I would hold out and get the color of my choosing, as I probably would use the product for many years.

8. thread starter macrumors regular

For me, when I heard everyone on here mentioning that black iphone 5 seemed to "scuff" more, I thought I'll just get the white. Also, my past 2 iphones have been black. I thought white would be nice for a change. I actually had the black 5 for a little bit until I gave it to my wife. I then wanted one for myself. Best Buy had one in stock finally, and it was white. I thought it looked nice enough. Also thought the wife would swap as she always has a case on hers anyways.

Interested to see the white mini in person. I think I'll also buy whichever happens to come in stock first. Judging by videos on youtube and pictures, both look really nice once again.