Anyone bought their iPads on eBay here?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by villagecrone, Jul 20, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2011
    Hi guys. So basically I'm looking for the best place to to get an iPad 2 and right now I'm considering getting one on eBay because a) I can save a few quids (£10-£15) and b) I actually have a nice experience with eBay. Bought my MBP last year from a trusted eBay seller and I still have to experience any problems with it whatsoever.

Now I know I will come off as a classic 'el cheapo' here because compared to the savings I got from the MBP last year ( a whopping £140), I will only get to save a few quids enough to at least get a decent case without having to pay extra if I go with the Apple Store's £399 retail price.

Anyone here bought their iPad 2 on eBay? Do you mind sharing your experience and would you recommend it? Or should I just drop by my the nearest Apple Store and save myself the trouble of saving a few measly quids? :)
  2. macrumors 6502

Oct 13, 2005
    I bought my iPad 2 on eBay and have had no issues. I bought my used tho.

Best of luck! Hope you enjoy it!
  3. macrumors regular

Sep 27, 2007
    Exercise your common sense when buying from eBay and you should generally be fine!! Ask the seller questions, anything of great value I have bought on eBay I have always asked the seller questions. You can usually gauge from the response the person you're dealing with. I have also sold on eBay and have always been happy to answer questions. As always, if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly will be :)
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2010
    Cheshire, UK
    This is only a question you can answer for yourself, any eBay experience can be different. Personally I wouldn't bother for just 15 quid off. I ended up with a spare iPad 2, ended up flogging off to a friend for £100 off (in installments it seems....)
  5. macrumors member

Nov 20, 2010
    I bought my iPhone 4 off eBay, so i don't see any problems with buying an iPad off it. Obviously like the other posters said, use your common sense. If a dude is selling it and has 1 feedback, then don't buy it from him obviously lol

I was thinking the same thing aswell before buying my iPad 2. I actually surfed eBay for about a week looking for a better deal on the wifi only model and the best i could find was £10-15 off (P&P cost is a b*tch).

Plus sometimes i get paranoid when something that large and expensive is going through Royal Mail (UK postage system). I don't know why, i just don't trust them sometimes.

My advise, if you don't mind waiting 2-3days and getting £15-20 off, then go to eBay. If not, pay the extra £15-20 and get it straight away from the Apple store (also getting a freebie Apple bag lol)..
  6. macrumors member

Feb 21, 2005
    +1...this is sage advice. I too always ask the seller a question (or two) to gauge their ability to communicate as well as unearth any potential issues.