Anyone Brought their new iMac at the retail store?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Toops, Dec 28, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 28, 2012
    Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone was able to get their new iMac ( late 2012) at the apple retail store?, so far in NYC all of them don't have any in stock, dont even have a 21 in which i want xd, but they do have display models out.

Before anyone bash me for not ordering online, the ups/FedEx driver for where I live (midtown) are terrible and careless with packages, I had numerous packages deliver to the wrong address.
  2. macrumors regular

Dec 22, 2012
    I have not got one but in Indiana apple store I have called and they have mainly got base models and when they are in stock they sell out pretty fast. The guy at the apple store said they should catch up in mid January :(
  3. macrumors newbie

Dec 27, 2012
    I've called the Apple stores around here (Philly) and they have all said they have 0 iMacs of any kind.
  4. macrumors member

Nov 26, 2012
    have you looked into ordering online but selecting in-store pickup if available? that would solve your problem entirely by having it delivered to them which is a day to day known location for the ups/FedEx drop offs...
  5. macrumors newbie

Jun 25, 2010
    My uncle bought his base 21 at the store in Metrotown (Vancouver, BC) on the 20th.

The sales person said they had no 27s or the high end 21s and very little of the base 21.
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 28, 2012
    Nah ordering ordering online and picking up in store is not available, if it was I would've done it already. This sucks lol I thought the store should have gotten plenty of base model 21in and the high end one and reading around the forums it seems like the demand is mostly BTO 27inch w: fusion.
  7. macrumors newbie

Dec 14, 2012
    I picked up mine a few weeks ago 27" i7 8gb ram 1tb fusion drive, and 680 video card. I picked up mine at the Florida mall in Orlando
  8. macrumors newbie

Oct 28, 2012
    I pick up an 27" loaded with student discount at Lenox mall in Atlanta ga dec 23
  9. macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2008
    I picked up my 27" i7 / fusion at Fair Oaks Mall on Dec. 15th.
  10. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 28, 2012
    Seems like apple stores that is not win NYC have them.. I've been trying to see if any of my local apple store have the 21in high end w/o fusion but no luck, thy do have at least 12 on display...
  11. macrumors regular

Dec 11, 2012
    Yes. Been calling Apple stores in NYC just for fun, they say they won't get them until Jan.
  12. macrumors newbie

Oct 11, 2012
    got lucky. called they had one in stock and held it for me. 27 ultimate
  13. macrumors 68040

Nov 23, 2011
    Very strange, I've called most of the stores here in the SF Bay Area and all of them don't have them, have not had them, and say they likely won't have them for some time. They all have the demo unit on display, however.