Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klover

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
I'm about to pull the trigger on this and was curious if anyone is playing it?
Reviews seem pretty good but I'd rather hear from some users.

Errk!

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
I did. It looks great but the gameplay isn't very good. And the AI is ridiculous.

DuckSoup

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Upstate Central NY
I decided to take a gamble with the 13$ and give it a try. Toyed with it for a few hours on Sunday. Right now I'd give it an overall C. Only a B- for gameplay graphics (it's really not all the reviews say it is), B+ for the non-game graphics, F for options, C for gameplay, F for commentary (then, all versions of Madden get an F for that), F for sound (gameplay sound is atrocious), C for stats/standings.

May amend these ratings after a little more play, but right now I wish I went for a price-reduced Madden 10 (IF that was available at the time...I am not sure it was)

Mike

Last edited:

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Sorry you paid so much ... I grabbed it on an early $10 promo, but saw it recently for $4.99 on sale.

Definitely agree with your assessment.

moomog

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2009
Sorry you paid so much ... I grabbed it on an early $10 promo, but saw it recently for $4.99 on sale.

Definitely agree with your assessment.

I bought it for 99p on a promotion and at that price I was well happy

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I just bought it for the promo price as well. It's a good value at a buck but definitely not worth the regular 12.99 price tag. It does get a little monotonous after a while, but it's a good time waster.

At a dollar it really is hard not to recommend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.