Anyone care to welcome the latest edition..

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by XP Defector, Aug 10, 2006.

1. XP Defector macrumors 6502

...to the Light Side? Just ordered a white MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo processor and it arrives Monday!!! This has worked out excellently, as my aging Dell Inspiron 5500 broke so I claimed insurance. They offered my either an overpriced and under spec'd Sony Vaio or a low end Dell replacement. But my persistance paid off in the end ;)

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

The force is strong in this one...

Nice work mate, welcome the fun side of the net.

3. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Good work buddy. Exactly the same machine as me. I'm delighted with it and I'm sure you will be. Shoehorn some RAM in it sharpish though - amazing what a difference it makes.

4. XP Defector thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheers Boys!

Sunfast:- Where did you buy the upgrade? Looking on Ebay now, but I'm quite wary of buying poor quality stuff.

5. JAT macrumors 603

Hmm. I'm torn. You obviously realize that Apple is a good machine, but you think Dell is better than Sony? :p

Anyway, try Newegg for RAM. Throw in at least 1GB, making 1.25GB total. They have several companies, all around $80 for a 1GB stick. My Transcend is just fine.

6. XP Defector thread starter macrumors 6502

The Vaio wasn't even duel core, acutally looked like it was ten years old.

7. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I got it from scan.co.uk in the UK. It's called Corsair Value. Don't be put off by the "value" though, it's great. :)

8. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Lucky, as soon as you get your MB, I'll be sending mine back to Apple for fixes :(