Anyone DISsatisfied w/ having a macbook for awhile?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mac000, Nov 9, 2006.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

I've had the base model macbook since about early august, and the laptop has been working fine. Latly though when Ive been streaming videos the fan would start the mooish type noise. I installed the firware update and all, now the fan just runs all the time really low.

So now with the fan running all the time and that buzzing noise coming from the top left side im sitting here thinking was this all worth it?

Did i get myself in the hole by getting an early Apple product?

or are most laptop comuters like this and the MacBook is a dream compared to the noise other laptops make - ie Sony, IBM, Dell etc.

i just dont know, I've started thinking maybe I should just sell this macbook on ebay overseas and make the money the I've paid for it and buy a Core 2 duo Macbook, those should have things worked out in them right?

2. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

3. mac000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

and say what exactly? i mean its not like they'll be like, oh yea you got some bad parts, we'll just replace them with the correct parts right away :D

4. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

You really should call Apple customer support.

5. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

Call AppleCare and be very persistent. I was, and after a few weeks of back-and-forth, Apple finally agreed to replace my five-month old MacBook (and its noisy, grindy fan) with a brand new machine.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You never know until you've tried it.