Anyone download the new Airport update yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daneoni, Dec 13, 2006.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Just downloaded it and there doesnt seem to be any change besides.......safari being snappier.:D

For those interested, launch SU or go here.

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

"AirPort Update 2006-002 improves compatibility in the MacBook Pro (15-inch Core 2 Duo), MacBook Pro (17-inch Core 2 Duo) and the MacBook (13-inch Core 2 Duo)"

I guess that's all they have to say about it.

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I don't have it... are you sure it's something recent?

I just saw what it's for. That'd be why I can't see it...

4. scott523 macrumors 6502a

I've been having wireless problems at my university for a month now. After applying this update, it seems like there's no change to my problem.

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Yes, issued today.

6. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

The update is version 1.0, which means what we got previously is beta :p

7. scott523 macrumors 6502a

That doesn't really prove anything because the previous Security Update was also 1.0. However, it's obvious we're getting the new 802.11n stuff, which is probably why it's too new for my university's aging network APs.

8. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Blame it on Eric Schmidt for teaching Apple to do things in beta

9. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Still you should be able to connect. Im sure only a network setting needs to be tweaked. I had a hard time as well but tech support sort me out. Apparently i had to create an 8021.X connection

10. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Actually the main problem is that when I try reconnecting to an access point on the second attempt (first attempt works), I get an error and I can't reconnect for an hour. This may sound like an access point problem (the Apple Genius blamed on this too), but note, the rev.1 MB I had worked without a hitch. 10 more students at my university has the same model as mine, with the same problem. My university network services are having trouble isolating the problem and their trying to get in touch with their Apple rep.

11. Chack macrumors newbie

Software Update isn't showing it for me (c2d mbp). Of course, I'm not having problems with my airport, so that's not a problem.

I am having problems with this piece of crap Belkin f5d7230-4 router I just bought. I loses its connection to the Internet all the time. Don't buy it!

12. garethlewis2 macrumors 6502

I installed that this morning, and haven't noticed any improvment. My Airport notices a network and when I try and connect, the Airport decides to have a stroke and f***s it up. The guy next to me with his MacBook can see the network without any problems, and can connect to it without a problem. To see the damned network I seem to need to be within 1 cm of the thing.

13. Whistleway macrumors 6502

ha ha.. thats' wicked.

14. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I downloaded it, and everything is fine.

Of course it was also fine before... :p

15. JloR macrumors newbie

Well, hate to be the negative voice here, but..

My safari has been next-to-dead since I installed that update. My wireless connection is worse than ever, but signal is close to perfect.

Response times are horrible since I installed that update. Let's see how things are when I return tonight, and start the MB again. Hopefully it works better now.

16. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

17. tejota1911 macrumors 6502

I've installed it. I can't say I notice any difference. My Airport card was working great before the update though. I've never had any problems with signal strength or compatibility issues.

18. shiv macrumors member

shiv

I have a mbp c2d, my wife has a mb cd. we just moved into a new apartment last night. Waiting for a couple of days for the cable guy to get our internet we tried to connect to outside connections for the night.

My wife's mb is able to find three connections, and is able to connect to one with basically no prob, as I type away here.

My mbp on the other hand struggles to find a connection. When it finds the one that my wife's mb uses, my mbp loses it just as quick. "There was an error joining the aiport network '....' " is a message that comes up when I try sometimes. Other times it connects but then gets lost..

I downloaded the update to airport a couple days ago when we were in the other apartment.

I don't know if it's the new update that's causing this, but I definately notice a difference at the moment with the mbp c2d and my wife's mb cd 's connection.

any suggestions?

19. toontra macrumors 6502

I have a MacBook C2D - I wonder why this isn't showing up in Software update?

20. Danny Futuro macrumors member

my C2D MBP had aweful airport connectivity, and sometimes took upto 30 minutes to connect to my router that sits just 10 feet away.

since the update, I've been experiencing blazing fast speeds and instant connections.

21. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Same issue with me; when trying to connect to a Wireless Zero network at my university, I usually cannot connect when everyone around me has no issues. I have not tried since installing this update, however =/

22. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

It didn't show up in SU for me (on MBP C2D). However it installed OK after I had downloaded manually.

23. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

I downloaded it and it said my machine did not meet the hardware requirments! MBP Intel 2G Ram and 10.4.8. I wonder if this is for the Second Gen Version of the MBP Only?

Bill....

24. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Yeap, it is for the hot and seksy Core 2 MBPs :)

25. Joony macrumors regular

all is well with the update on my C2D 15" MBP, didn't have a problem before the update either.